About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is a dedicated Web 3 accelerator founded in 2014 that works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 of the world's leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures is seeking a Token Design Associate to help its growing portfolio of Web3 startups to design token economical systems and execute effective token sales and distribution events.
You will oversee the end-to-end execution of token ecosystems from start to finish, leveraging in-house specialists and a network of partners.
As part of the Token Economies team, you will build on the several years of experience Outlier has developed in token design and token engineering, catering to the nuances of a given project and evolving research in designing of complex token systems.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist portfolio companies through conceptual phases to break down their product, ecosystem and objectives.
- Analyse stakeholder maps, economical value flows, potential behaviours, motivations and incentives and turn this into a systems design backed by underlying tokens.
- Develop roadmaps, audit, and design economic and governance systems together with in-house specialists.
- Support the in-house token engineers run simulations and case studies.
- Conduct market research and analyse battle tested as well as new token mechanics of established ecosystems and apply these to the assisted portfolio companies.
- Derive and develop new economical designs of tokens and take ownership of specific industry verticals such as DeFi, layer 1/2 infrastructure, gaming, music, social media, sports, fashion and others.
- Engage in the firm’s public speaking, research, and education initiatives.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an excellent understanding of layer 1/2 blockchain technology, smart contracts, DeFi, metaverse and the variety of existing token standards, models (e.g. xToken, veTokens etc.) and distribution mechanisms (e.g. dutch auction, lockdrops etc.).
- Must have personally been actively using dApps and DeFi protocols and experienced with token minting, burning, yielding, farming, staking and locking.
- Good understanding of the NFT world, various gamification mechanisms and financial principles.
- Be able to comfortably handle fast paced, multi-stakeholder projects, keeping founders and their partners to schedule and hands-on support in executing with diligence and pragmatism.
Nice to have:
- Has been working on economical research, design and modeling of web3 projects
- Has experience simulating complex systems
- Has experience analyzing data sets and working with python, R or other similar languages on statistical modeling.
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
*availability subject to specific circumstances