About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is a dedicated Web 3 accelerator founded in 2014 that works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 of the world's leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures is looking for an ambitious, energetic and hungry for learning Finance Assistant to join our finance team in Central London. This position will help with the day to day of the finance function for this world leading web 3 Accelerator.
The position is reporting directly to the Finance Manager and will work closely with all the finance team members and other members of the organisation helping with various accounting and financial control processes and bookkeeping. As such this person will play a central role in a function that drives the growth of the business by continually improving speed and integrity of management information for teams throughout the business.
This offers a rapid learning curve with increasing understanding and ownership of all finance processes under the guidance of and reporting to the Finance Manager and clear career-progression opportunity.
The team is expected to keep growing as new hires will follow this one. The role is broad and will suit those who enjoy variety. The company’s staff FTE and Operations are expected to grow 3x in the next 6 months. The group consists of a LLP and various Ltd UK entities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Make sure Finance records are kept up to date
- Assistance with the implementation of new finance controls and systems
- Accounts payable - processing and timely paying of invoices
- Accounts receivable - raising invoices (one-off and recurring), receiving payments, sending customer statements and payment reminders
- Daily monitoring of banks accounts, reconciling incomings and outgoing
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly accounts closing
- Assistance with the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assistance with ad hoc portfolio reports
- Assist with VAT, CT and other tax returns preparation
- Support operations when needed
- Understanding of accruals, prepayments and FAR
- Ad Hoc reporting
We are looking for someone who:
As well as being energetic, trustworthy and dependable with exceptional attention to detail, the ideal candidate will always look to improve on accepted norms, and should possess the following traits:
- Ideally studying towards any accounting qualification
- Understanding of bookkeeping and the accounting system
- Some experience preparing month-end journals (e.g. accruals, prepayments etc.) and balance sheet
- Good Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Strong academic history
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Enthusiastic personality
- Initiative Skills
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
*availability subject to specific circumstances