About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is a dedicated Web 3 accelerator founded in 2014 that works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 of the world's leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures is seeking a DAO / Governance Associate to help its growing portfolio of Web3 startups to help develop and execute their DAO strategy.
Working in the Token Economies Team, you will oversee the end-to-end execution of DAO design from start to finish, leveraging your knowledge, our in-house specialists and our network of partners.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of DAO design and gain an unparalleled level of knowledge, experience, and network in this sector and across Web3.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist portfolio companies through all phases with DAO building and governance systems design
- Support portfolio companies to derive DAO policies (monetary, minting, fiscal, governance) in line with their (business) objectives
- Develop with other DAO team members the Outlier DAO framework and strategy to serve internal and external projects and partners
- Conduct DAO market research, analyse battle tested as well as novel governance models of established ecosystems to use in Outlier Ventures portfolio companies
- Derive and implement best practices towards DAO launches and further operational processes.
- Work closely with the token design and engineering team on designing and modelling governance token and decentralised economies
- Identify relevant DAOs and build relationships
- Engage in the firm’s public speaking, research, and education initiatives
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a ‘crypto native’ and must have personally participated in DAOs through; being a contributor or developing a DAO itself, as a direct retail investor or through a fund.
- Has some experience working with startup founders
- Aware of current DAO landscape and tooling
- Has an excellent understanding of Web3 ecosystems (blockchain infrastructure projects, DeFi, NFTs, gaming)
- Experience with building or participating in crypto communities with strong skills in communication
- Be able to comfortably handle fast paced, multi-stakeholder projects, keeping founders and their partners to schedule with diligence and pragmatism
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
*availability subject to specific circumstances