About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is the largest Web 3 accelerator in the world. Founded in 2014, it works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 's of the world's leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures has ambitious growth plans across all areas and levels of the company and needs to hire internally across the organisation. In addition, with an outstanding track record of successful investments, the company would also like to provide talent acquisition expertise to support the growth of their investments, which include some of Web3’s newest stars in the Crypto world!
As the Head of Talent this is a hugely exciting opportunity to deliver real impact across Ov’s Web3 and Open Metaverse portfolio of fast-growing early-stage companies. This person will be responsible for leading the effort to support 100+ portfolio teams on the most important Talent / People matters, with a deep focus on the blockchain / crypto / web 3.0 industry .
This includes supporting early-stage founders in building out end-to-end recruitment processes, navigating organization design, evaluating talent across all levels / functions, and pioneering new approaches to web 3.0 talent development and management, e.g., token / equity compensation, DAO structures, open-source software development. You will work collaboratively with colleagues across the Platform team, Investment team and broader firm to support our companies’ growth.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Team & leadership
- Manage Outlier Ventures globally both internally and across 100+ leading companies / projects in the blockchain / crypto / web 3.0 industry to identify and connect great talent with portfolio opportunities
- Day to day management of the Talent team with active coaching and feedback delivery to build and nurture a strong/motivating culture of improvement and learning across the Talent team
- Active co-development of objectives and progression plans, to ensure that the Talent team are progressing and that their work aligns with their broader goals
Talent offer & strategy
- Shape and continuously refine a compelling and differentiated Talent offer that’s designed to add value to our business and portfolio of companies
- Define, test and continuously improve the end-to-end talent acquisition experience from identifying a need to the end of probation for anyone we place.
- Advise on organizational design and development, including strategies related to decentralized organizations / DAO’s, open-source ecosystems, and token-enabled protocols / platforms
- Create and maintain materials and assets that allow us to communicate and sell our offer well.
- Partner with hiring managers internally and across the portfolio to anticipate and scope hiring plans and roles, and position the Talent team as a go-to partner
- Coach hiring managers and key stakeholders around best practices and approaches, building strong and trusted relationships along the way
- Embed smart ways to accelerate the time to hire e.g. via partnerships, job boards, events, campaigns, remote talent pools and/or others.
- Manage our weighted pipeline of Talent projects, and proactively lead efforts to source, scope and close work for future months
Talent execution & operations
- Be hands-on and own roles yourself, role modelling best practices to the wider Talent team and pushing forward their offer at the same time
- Set and maintain the highest of standards across our delivery, including writing (and coaching others to write) inspiring job specs, implement Talent software to provide timely and valuable reporting, candidate feedback & CSAT reporting, interview design & assessment frameworks
- Embed D&I practices and strategies across the entire Talent offer and delivery.
- Champion stronger and more efficient data and metrics across the Talent function.
- Define your teams’ OKRs, navigate that delicate balance between core and stretch objectives, and regularly report progress to the wider team
- This role will also require a hands-on approach where you will recruit directly yourself & develop the team to ensure delivery against the recruiting requirements of the portfolio.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of People / Talent experience at early-stage companies, recruiting / executive / consulting search firms, venture capital funds, and/or incubators / accelerators
- Excitement and passion for talent acquisition and belief in the value it brings to companies
- Proven track record of recruiting in the Web3 / Blockchain / Crypto space at all levels desired, in tech start-up space at minimum
- Experience of leading strategic efforts to deliver against metrics and objectives
- Experience of driving/developing D&I throughout the hiring process
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and develop a team to grow and deliver in the roles
- Empathize with the needs, motivations and challenges of client, candidate and colleague
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- A hands-on practitioner at heart willing to lead by example by managing roles yourself
- A solid understanding of how to gain value tracking metrics and producing regular reports
- A keen understanding of the role brand and marketing plays within recruiting efforts
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
*availability subject to specific circumstances