About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is the largest Web 3 accelerator in the world. Founded in 2014, it works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 's of the world's leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures has seen rapid growth over the last 12 months, helping over 140+ founders realise their vision whilst establishing strategic partnerships with outliers across the cultural landscape including Snoop Dogg, Farfetch and Deadmau5.
We’re now looking for a talented Digital Product Designer to help shape the future of our portfolio of early-stage start-ups at the forefront of Web 3.0. Reporting into the Head of Creative and collaborating extensively with our marketing and investment teams, this is a definitive opportunity for an ambitious designer to directly contribute to the success of cutting-edge, early-stage businesses across the globe.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with the start-ups in our accelerator programme to help develop their online presence, landing pages and additional consultative UI/UX support as necessary.
- Owning the web presence for Outlier accelerator and events programmes with sole responsibility for pioneering and maintaining best-in-class product experiences
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings 4/5 years of experience in a professional environment (agency or start-up preferable) delivering both UI & UX design across platforms
- Has experience working with start-ups and early-stage founders and ability act as consultant on a project-by-project basis
- A can-do attitude and a proactive ability to prioritise features/tasks, taking autonomous ownership of their work
- Well versed in giving feedback on everything UX, UI and visual design related, for standalone digital products as well as touch points as part of multi-channel inventory
- Experience working within development, creative and marketing teams
- Understands Web 3.0 UX principles and best practice, differentiating from Web 2.0
- Understands development processes: Agile, Waterfall etc.
- Knowledge of all UI design software: XD, Figma, Framer, Invision
- Knowledge of website UX testing tools including Hotjar and Google Optimize
- Understands Google Analytics and can create UX reports
- Confident with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manually test websites and applications, testing and debugging a plus
- Understanding programming languages and development environments
- Understanding of HTML & CSS a plus
- Comfortable speaking to internal and external stakeholders of different ability and seniority levels.
- A proactive interest in the Web 3.0 space (no previous experience necessary)
- A strong portfolio with comprehensive and well executed product case studies
- Eligible to work in the UK
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
*availability subject to specific circumstances