About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is the largest Web 3 accelerator in the world. Founded in 2014, it works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 's of the world's leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Ascent is Outlier Ventures’ leading token advisory and token launch program. The program is offered for later stage projects looking to maximize the success of their token economy, network, and token launch.
Our Ascent program focuses on the final stretch of a token launch, operationalizing requirements, and supporting teams with every aspect of successful token distribution. We help each company on the program across each stage of their token development from token model design, to simulation, to distribution, in the lead up to going live or supporting a token in-market through a calendar of structured workshops and weekly calls to monitor project progress.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Ascent team in-house expert and central hub of product / business knowledge on crypto public token markets and token launches
- Work closely with Ascent Program teams and advise teams on their token launch and distribution strategy to achieve a successful token sale event
- Conduct in-depth research on crypto public token markets and token launches to publish research reports and provide teams with data-driven advice
- Support the Ascent team in expanding and maintaining relationships with different token distribution platforms (token launchpads, CEXs, DEXs) and market makers
- Engage with potential Ascent program target projects and build relationships built on mutual trust and respect
- Help teams set goals pertaining to their token launches and maintain accountability
- Partner with our portfolio companies and support them during their growth journey
- Be a proactive part of a continual feedback loop improving the Ascent program
- Act as a focal point to bring the OV network to the cohort
- Report project performance based on business objectives and agreed key performance indicators
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 5-6 years experience in the following fields:
- Investment banking or capital markets advisory
- Token listings team in a top tier centralized exchange or token launchpad
- Strong knowledge of the different token distribution mechanisms (token sale platforms, IEOs, IDO platforms, auctions, DEXs, etc.)
- Highly experienced with investing in Web3 projects pre- and post-token listings and a passion for the crypto industry
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment around tokens
- Ability to engage with senior executives, clients and co-investors
- Detail-oriented, structured thinker with strong project management skills
- High agency and a lifelong learner
- Comfortable with complexity and insatiably curious
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly in projects
*availability subject to specific circumstances