About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is the largest Web 3 accelerator in the world. Founded in 2014, it works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 's of the world's leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures is a dynamic high growth accelerator for Web3 and Open Metaverse projects that has already invested in over 200 companies focused on DeFi, Blockchain, and NFTs and with plans to add another 200 portfolio companies in the coming 12 months.
Outlier Ventures aims to provide the highest possible level of service to our portfolio companies. Through our Base Camp and Ascent programs we prepare founders for key stages in their journey. The marketing advisory team works with these founders to a) help them build web3 community b) advise on key marketing challenges and c) coordinate marketing activities like Diffusion (demo day) and oversee additional marketing support like office hours and subject matter experts.
The Marketing Advisory Manager position is a player/coach role. The successful candidate will be able to help teams build vibrant communities. Consult on marketing challenges related to go to market strategy. Bring in a bench of freelancers to support our Base Camp teams. Coordinate Diffusion each quarter. Each quarter the marketing advisory team works with 40-50 teams across Base Camp and Ascent.
This role reports into the CMO. The Marketing Advisory Manager currently has one direct report. In time this may scale to a team of two. Outlier Ventures place emphasis on a culture of learning and growth and everyone has access to a learning and development budget.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Applying the most up to date and innovative strategies for our portfolio teams to grow their communities. We help our teams gain organic genuine growth. Relevant channels include: Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit, Telegram, Discord, Email.
- Ensure our founders have a great experience going through Base Camp and Ascent. As measured by quarterly surveys.
- Maintain a bench of freelancers and agencies that can be brought in to support our founders.
- Coordinate company wide marketing support for our projects: office hours, subject matter expert talks on PR, content and team building.
- Project manage Diffusion, our quarterly demo day. You will get full support from the entire marketing team, but will be the go to person to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Help our portfolio companies develop marketing and communications strategies to support business objectives.
- Collaborate with program managers, associates, and other departments to continuously improve existing processes, further enhancing the OV experience for start-up founders.
We are looking for someone who:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in marketing and community growth.
- Experience dealing with a large volume of clients / portfolio companies at one time.
- Web3 native. Experience with DAOs, Defi and NFTs is a plus
- Strong communicator that can champion portfolio projects across the organisation.
- The ability to build rapport and establish strong working relationships
- Proven to have a high level of planning and attention to detail. Good time management and organizational skills are essential.
- Based within GMT +/- 2
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly in projects
*availability subject to specific circumstances