At paradime we are building the data productivity platform for modern analytics-driven enterprises.
We are a 100%-remote startup and have raised over $5.6M from top tier VCs from Silicon Valley, London and Tel-Aviv, who have previously invested in Reddit, Instacart, Figma, Firebolt, Coinbase, Algolia, Rudderstack, Vercel etc.
Our team has >25 years combined experience in building data products at Goldman Sachs, The Guardian and Revolut. We have operated across analytics, product, marketing, customer acquisition, and growth.
You will find amongst us aerospace engineers, chefs, mathematicians, mechanical keyboard fans, athletes, supernatural believers, cat lovers and much more.
For us execution wins over process, great wins over perfect, smart wins over grunt. We win and lose as a team, we hack when we don't know, we commit and execute fast and we disrespect traditions.
About the role
This is probably our most open-ended engineering role ever and the best way to describe is that you will be our Hacker-in-residence.
- Your job is to push the envelope of what is possible
- You will be building some of the earliest prototype of applications, systems and algorithms
- Depending on the day you could be building:
- Rust/Go/Python-based solution to a computing problem
- PoC of an application using a cool new library / SDK / API
- Algorithm to analyse information so that gives us unfair advantages
- Smart automation workflows that makes us efficient
About our stack
- We use Python, React, TS, GraphQL, Terraform, Kubernetes
- We are happy to expand our stack as long as it's not Java, Scala, Angular, .NET or another language nobody wants to learn 😆 [https://insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2021#most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted-language-want]
What we're looking for
This job will be a great fit if you...
- Are a polyglot developer, able to move between languages and also learn new ones
- Studied BS/Master degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics, robotics, etc.
- Have a hacker mindset, love figuring things out, digging deeper and deeper into unfamiliar code bases until it finally clicks and you understand how it works
- Don’t think you’re crazy when you start coding and only look at your watch after two hours have passed that feel like ten minutes
- Are NOT an expert in "Something" that you have spent 10 years learning!
- Can manage your own work and take ownership without oversight
- Can communicate technical concepts with ease
- Are a fresh grad or have worked recently in a startup (preferably YC) before
- We're fully remote
- 28 days paid annual leave + local public holidays
- Budget for self learning, attending conferences and meet-ups
- Flexible working hours
- Healthcare and pension
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee share options