At Payhawk, we’re building the financial system of tomorrow. Our mission is to simplify company spending and empower every business to reach its full potential by automating its payments and back-office work. We help finance teams manage credit cards, payments, expenses, cash, and invoices in one integrated experience. Our credit card and enterprise software power some of the most innovative and fast-growing businesses, like LuxAir, Scalable Capital, Flink, Gtmhub, Paack, Fagor, Travelperk, and many more.
We have teams in London, Berlin, Sofia, Barcelona, Paris, and Amsterdam — and we’re growing. In March 2022, we raised $100m in a Series B extension, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and became the first-ever Bulgarian company to achieve unicorn status. We’ve also raised funds from the same investors as Stripe, Klarna, N26, Robinhood, Revolut, Nubank, and Personio.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
We are looking for a competent Account Executive to work with prospective customers to qualify them by understanding their unique company challenges and goals. Your will contribute to our business growth in a fast-paced, collaborative and fun atmosphere as a valuable member of the Payhawk team. You will be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our customer base in the SME segment working with executives and finance managers in companies with less than 500 FTEs. The ideal candidate will be experienced in sales, negotiation and expansion of accounts. We expect you to be a reliable professional, able to balance customer orientation and a results-driven approach.
- Inspire and educate prospects on the value of Payhawk
- Execute on prospecting techniques, lead qualification and online demos, all the way through to closing the sale.
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers.
- Maintain records of all our interactions with prospects using our CRM.
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns.
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process.
- Engage with the Product and Tech teams to help drive product strategy.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- At least 2-years of experience in a Software as a Service company in a sales-related role such as Account Executive, Inside Sales or Pre-sales
- Experience with CRMs systems such as Salesforce, Copper or others
- Experience with sales automation tools like LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, Dux Soup and others
- The ability to engage with and attract new customers
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently and effectively to meet required deadlines
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate and goal oriented
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales or marketing
- Ability to do light travel
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Competitive compensation package + pension scheme
- Two weeks exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona, Sofia)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- We Work membership benefits
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product
Please note that unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship, and to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Payhawk is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.