Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company – that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Peak; we’re growing rapidly off the back of our $75m Series C funding round (2021), led by SoftBank, and we have very ambitious plans for the future.
We’ve launched a brand new software category, Decision Intelligence, which we want to spearhead and become the trusted, global voice of.
We’re opening up the Peak platform to more organizations, empowering businesses to now build their own Decision Intelligence solutions and applications for the very first time.
All of this means that we’re expanding our team rapidly, with huge growth plans in place. But we know that culture and success come hand in hand, so creating and protecting an amazing company culture that’s true to our values remains really important to Peak and our mission.
You will be working on cutting edge technologies in a supportive and dynamic environment. Ultimately you are responsible for building the Peak platform and on-boarding new clients - this involves:
- Lead a self-organised cross-functional agile team (squad) to deliver cutting edge platform features
- Own a specific area of the platform and be responsible for overall planning, execution, delivery of the releases, infrastructure, technical support and documentation.
- Work closely with the Product Management and other teams to conceptualise the platform enhancements, plan feasibility spikes and help groom the backlog
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product lifecycle and ensure the security, availability, resilience, and scalability of the platform.
- Be the owner of the product quality, ensure the best engineering practices, tools and guidelines are established and adopted
- Operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Foster a culture of experimentation, learning and long lasting decision making
- Hire, mentor and grow a team of software engineers. manage their performance reviews, coaching and mentoring the team
- Create a strong team culture of engineering excellence, passion, collaboration, diversity & inclusion and growth. And have fun too!
- Actively demonstrate our values, and encourage and reward values-aligned behaviour in others
Required Skills and Experience
- A delivery oriented technology leader who focuses on quality and timely outcomes.
- Strong experience in building cloud-native, distributed, highly scalable microservices and web applications
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good engineering practices and tools.
- Expert knowledge of SDLC and Agile methodology
- Strong cross-discipline and cross group collaboration skills
- Proven track record of recruiting, retaining and engaging top talent
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and grow teams to their full potential
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with effective analytical, attention-to-detail, organizational and project management capabilities.
We are looking for teammates who are:
- Open - Always up for new ideas and able to take and give feedback in a positive way.
- Driven - sets high goals, doesn’t give up, and goes extra miles to ensure that their job gets done on time and meets/exceeds expectations.
- Curious - Aware of new technologies and uses them to make new improvements in the Engineering ecosystem.
- Smart - Innovative and thinks out of the box, in difficult situations finds a way to succeed no matter what
- Responsible - takes ownership of tasks given and has a strong work ethic.
The Peak Decision Intelligence Platform
Leveraging serverless and container architecture, Peak is built for handling data at scale. It enables businesses to productionize AI, end-to-end, in a single platform. Insights and intelligence can be accessed via an array of outputs including in-built and custom apps, integrated via APIs and more.
You can read more about Peak on our website too.
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one years service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
- Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers.
- Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
- Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak is committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
- We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
Peak was founded in Manchester (UK) in 2015 by Richard Potter, Atul Sharma, and David Leitch. We’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Our Decision Intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive game-changing commercial outcomes.
The Peak platform connects data sets from across an organization to provide predictive insight and drive fast and effective decision making. We’re proud to call some of the world's leading companies such as Nike, PepsiCo, JSW, KFC, Molson Coors, Sika and PrettyLittleThing our customers.
In August 2021, we announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We’ve grown rapidly in the last three years and now have over 300+ Peakers globally. In 2021, we proudly received our Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. The Sunday Times also ranked us as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.