Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company – that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Peak; we’re growing rapidly off the back of our $75m Series C funding round (2021), led by SoftBank, and we have very ambitious plans for the future.
We’ve launched a brand new software category, Decision Intelligence, which we want to spearhead and become the trusted, global voice of.
We’re opening up the Peak platform to more organizations, empowering businesses to now build their own Decision Intelligence solutions and applications for the very first time.
All of this means that we’re expanding our team rapidly, with huge growth plans in place. But we know that culture and success come hand in hand, so creating and protecting an amazing company culture that’s true to our values remains really important to Peak and our mission.
Purpose of the role
This role will form a vital part of helping our customers and prospects understand what our platform does, the value it can bring them in their companies and roles. You will have to bring the platform to life for both technical and commercial audiences, across different industries, and help position Peak against an increasingly busy technology and AI market. What Peak does is very unique, and you will help our audience understand why.
In short, you’ll be the market facing voice of the platform. You will be integral to helping the world understand how Peak works, and the value each and every piece of functionality brings our customers.
We are creating a brand new category of technology. This is a unique opportunity to be at the centre of a company forming its own category and you will be central to creating our product messaging within that category.
We are a platform first technology company, so you will be contributing to a high-growth scale up by delivering technical marketing content for our core offering - helping the world understand and be excited about the cutting edge technology that we are developing.
Technical products still need to be understood and resonate with wider audiences. You’ll help us translate technical features and functionality into compelling marketing campaigns that drive interest and demand for our platform.
What should we build next? As a role that interacts with a wide range of functions and customers at Peak, you’ll help distill and understand the needs of our customers so we can better form our roadmap of features.
The Technical Product Marketing Manager role is responsible for developing and executing go-to-market plans for Peak products and services. Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Develops external product and solution positioning and benefits to help resonate with a technical audience and showcase Peak differentiators against competition.
- Supports sales and partner enablement by delivering technical messaging by persona role, objection handling
- Define and execute technical product marketing deliverables including but not limited to technical marketing collateral, videos, demos, sales enablement training, presentations, thought leadership, sales tools, marketing events and campaigns.
- Competitive Landscape - understanding the technical nature of our competition and being able to transfer that knowledge into training both direct sales teams and partners.
- Supports Marketing Programs by translating and articulating more technical features in order to drive demand.
- Product / Feature launch - communications and launch of Peak’s features and services with a leaning towards a technical audience.
- Voice of the Customer - work with sales, customer success, AI consultants and customers to understand and articulate customer feedback, and bring that back into the Peak GTM strategy and roadmap process.
This role will focus on the platform itself, used by Engineers, Data Scientists and commercial end users. A lot of what the platform does is very technical, but we need to be able to tell accessible and engaging stories that quickly convey the power of the features and functionality within the platform.
As we rapidly release new updates, you'll help form the messaging and communication, building excitement and understanding in existing and prospective customers' minds.
- Open - you are self-aware, and seek to be transparent in all that you do - even if it’s a challenging situation. You are not afraid to be wrong, or not have the answer.
- Driven - you strive to be great in everything that you do, always looking for ways to improve or help others.
- Curious - you have the openness and ability to dig deep to understand why and how things are done in order to bring clarity to others.
- Smart - you have the ability to think out of the box, challenge respectfully and take feedback positively.
- Responsible - your team members trust you to deliver on time, bring your best self to work, and always lead by example.
We'd love it if you have
- Strong experience in technical product marketing, sales engineering, product management, solution marketing, product marketing or product management.
- Background in B2B Enterprise SaaS technology.
- Experience in understanding, simplifying and articulating technical specs, processes and jargon to consumable messaging to a variety of personas.
- Ability to work in a scale-up environment, where processes are still being defined
- Has gravitas to engage and negotiate with stakeholders across business and can influence decision making processes
It would also be nice if you have
- Experience working with or as a data scientist a plus
- A nice to have but not essential would be some understanding of Big Data, AI, predictive analytics or associated equivalent
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one years service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers.
Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak is committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
Peak was founded in Manchester (UK) in 2015 by Richard Potter, Atul Sharma, and David Leitch. We’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Our Decision Intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive game-changing commercial outcomes.
The Peak platform connects data sets from across an organization to provide predictive insight and drive fast and effective decision making. We’re proud to call some of the world's leading companies such as Nike, PepsiCo, JSW, KFC, Molson Coors, Sika and PrettyLittleThing our customers.
In August 2021, we announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We’ve grown rapidly in the last three years and now have over 300+ Peakers globally. In 2021, we proudly received our Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. The Sunday Times also ranked us as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.