Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company – that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Peak; we’re growing rapidly off the back of our $75m Series C funding round (2021), led by SoftBank, and we have very ambitious plans for the future.
We’ve launched a brand new software category, Decision Intelligence, which we want to spearhead and become the trusted, global voice of.
We’re opening up the Peak platform to more organizations, empowering businesses to now build their own Decision Intelligence solutions and applications for the very first time.
All of this means that we’re expanding our team rapidly, with huge growth plans in place. But we know that culture and success come hand in hand, so creating and protecting an amazing company culture that’s true to our values remains really important to Peak and our mission.
You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies in a collaborative team where everyone’s input is valued. You will organise and grow the Peak platform in a cohesive manner. You’ll be encouraged to explore new tech and bring fresh ideas to the table.
Technical architecture at Peak involves:
- Create technical solution architecture for the features in Peak platform using AWS tools and technologies
- Create/review system design with focus on clean architecture, microservices, modularity, API/services best practices
- Make use of well-architected frameworks for security, reliability, performance efficiency, sustainability, operational excellence and cost optimisation
- Create technical roadmaps, drive POCs and MVPs.
- Articulate, advocate and ensure the implementation of common architectural patterns and design principles across the platform teams.
- Identify and, evaluate the technical debt/architectural gaps in the platform and work with the platform teams to address them
- Provide architectural leadership and guidance to the platform teams
- Work closely with fellow architects in Engineering teams in the UK and India in order to create cohesive architecture practices.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the AI, SAAS and Cloud technical community
We are on a big mission to be the number one AI System for businesses worldwide, as such we need someone who is:
- True team player - share success and work well across the business.
- In the know – keeps up to date with the latest tech news, launches and product updates, market results and industry announcements.
- Deliver focussed – delivers activity and results that are aligned to the Peak commercial plan & values.
- Creative - able to create and deliver unique solutions.
- Customer first – puts the customer at the forefront of every activity to get the best result.
- Question the process - build team greatness by challenging the status quo and trying new things.
Peak uses a range of modern tech that requires a diverse skill set. A willingness to learn and a natural curiosity about tech is essential and some experience of the following would be great:
- Experience in building enterprise grade B2B applications.
- Experience and deeper understanding in software design/architecture, systems engineering,
- Experience in handling scalability, reliability, security, networking in AWS cloud.
- Experience in articulating conceptual, logical, application data models.
- In depth knowledge of integration approaches, including micro-frontends, microservices, messaging, event driven architecture for building large scale, high throughput and highly available distributed systems.
- Demonstrated expertise working with distributed teams of engineers and architects, as well as executives, to align on key architectural and technical decisions and direction – and guiding those through successful execution.
- Interest in learning new technologies and ability to pick these up quickly.
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent teamwork with the ability to coach others.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and engineering practices.
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one years service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Peak was founded in Manchester (UK) in 2015 by Richard Potter, Atul Sharma, and David Leitch. We’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Our Decision Intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive game-changing commercial outcomes.
The Peak platform connects data sets from across an organization to provide predictive insight and drive fast and effective decision making. We’re proud to call some of the world's leading companies such as Nike, PepsiCo, JSW, KFC, Molson Coors, Sika and PrettyLittleThing our customers.
In August 2021, we announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We’ve grown rapidly in the last three years and now have over 300+ Peakers globally. In 2021, we proudly received our Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. The Sunday Times also ranked us as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers. Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front. Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
We believe diversity is key to making our business unique. As an accessible employer, we recognise and embrace the diversity on offer throughout our teams, providing a platform for all employees, and ultimately the business, to reach its full potential. The benefits of diversity and equality cannot be fully achieved without creating an inclusive environment. This includes colleagues who are disabled.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer meaning we have been certified by the government as actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain disabled workers. We understand that some disabled colleagues will need adjustments to help them perform to the best of their ability so if you do need any reasonable adjustments then please let us know.