Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company – that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Peak; we’re growing rapidly off the back of our $75m Series C funding round (2021), led by SoftBank, and we have very ambitious plans for the future.
We’ve launched a brand new software category, Decision Intelligence, which we want to spearhead and become the trusted, global voice of.
We’re opening up the Peak platform to more organizations, empowering businesses to now build their own Decision Intelligence solutions and applications for the very first time.
All of this means that we’re expanding our team rapidly, with huge growth plans in place. But we know that culture and success come hand in hand, so creating and protecting an amazing company culture that’s true to our values remains really important to Peak and our mission.
Salary: $280k-$300k OTE
Purpose of the Role
This position will support our continued business expansion, working closely in a vertical team helping to keep Peak at the forefront of the emerging Artificial Intelligence sector. Peak has developed market fit over the past five years and is perfectly placed to achieve worldwide success, as AI adoption becomes commonplace.
We are looking for commercially-minded people who have consistently delivered year on year revenue growth and who can reference strong customer relationships. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to become an integral part of a successful, growing tech scale up company, and one of the hottest UK tech companies.
You will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy successfully with a focus on achieving pipeline generation (supported by marketing, alliances and sales development) and sales targets. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will identify, establish and develop relationships with new potential customers. You will work as part of a close commercial team helping and sharing success with each other and developing Peak’s overall commercial strategy.
- Increase revenue for Peak by hitting & exceeding sales objectives each quarter.
- Identify, establish contact and develop relationships with new potential customers. Listen to their needs and highlight the opportunities Peak can provide.
- Drive the sales process from prospect to close, negotiating and closing commercial contracts.
- Support the Sales Director in the creation and execution of sales forecasts and pipelines.
- Build strong relationships with prospects and customers to maximise sales revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Brand team to create marketing campaigns and convert those sales leads into profitable business.
- Develop and maintain a network of professional contacts, and represent Peak at events and exhibitions.
- Maintain knowledge of the market and analyse Peak’s key competitors, to make recommendations on the implications for Peak.
- Provide regular customer feedback to aid our product development and marketing teams.
- Work closely with our Customer Success team in order to ensure that our customers’ expectations of Peak are always met and exceeded.
- Be an effective team player with strong customer service, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve to overcome any challenges and barriers.
We are looking for someone who can talk business outcomes with customers to successfully sell our sought-after enterprise AI platform and build long-term client relationships. You’ll align with our values and help promote the Peak culture:
- Open - shares success and learning with the team and work collaboratively across the wider Peak teams.
- Driven – delivers real results for customers. Believes in being great not good.
- Curious - shows resilience and not afraid to have tough conversations with customers.
- Smart – ability to conceive and deliver unique solutions.
- Responsible - Support a strong team by challenging the status quo and trying new things.
- Background in new business development and selling concepts to enterprises.
- Evidence of the ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated experience of exceeding sales quotas.
- Well trained in customer-centric selling methodologies (MEDDIC, SPIN, value-based selling, Challenger, etc) and at discovery, as well as building urgency into deals.
- Proven ability to close deals regularly within mid-sized and large enterprises.
- An understanding and appreciation of the tech & data marketplace industry trends.
- Vision and commitment to grow and advance Peak within the marketplace.
- Passion for helping customers improve their business.
Not required but would be great:
- Experience of working within an early stage or SME business where self discovery and motivation are required.
- Experience within the tech sector and an understanding of advanced analytics, machine learning and/or AI.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus eight flexible Federal days.
- 401(k) contributions.
- Enhanced healthcare insurance for you, your spouse and your children.
- Short and long term disability cover.
- Share options for everyone.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Hybrid working model.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Travel to Peak’s clubhouses around the world.
- Subsidised gym membership
Peak was founded in Manchester (UK) in 2015 by Richard Potter, Atul Sharma, and David Leitch. We’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Our Decision Intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive game-changing commercial outcomes.
The Peak platform connects data sets from across an organization to provide predictive insight and drive fast and effective decision making. We’re proud to call some of the world's leading companies such as Nike, PepsiCo, JSW, KFC, Molson Coors, Sika and PrettyLittleThing our customers.
In August 2021, we announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We’ve grown rapidly in the last three years and now have over 300+ Peakers globally. In 2021, we proudly received our Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. The Sunday Times also ranked us as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers. Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front. Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
We believe diversity is key to making our business unique. As an accessible employer, we recognise and embrace the diversity on offer throughout our teams, providing a platform for all employees, and ultimately the business, to reach its full potential. The benefits of diversity and equality cannot be fully achieved without creating an inclusive environment. This includes colleagues who are disabled.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer meaning we have been certified by the government as actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain disabled workers. We understand that some disabled colleagues will need adjustments to help them perform to the best of their ability so if you do need any reasonable adjustments then please let us know.