Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company – that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Peak; we’re growing rapidly off the back of our $75m Series C funding round (2021), led by SoftBank, and we have very ambitious plans for the future.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
All of this means that we’re expanding our team, with huge growth plans in place. But we know that culture and success come hand in hand, so creating and protecting an amazing company culture that’s true to our values remains really important to Peak and our mission.
Senior Software Engineers at Peak are bridging the gap between traditional software engineering and the emerging world of AI. Our engineers spend their time building the Peak platform and delivering AI solutions to leading global brands, revolutionizing the way they use their data. Our team is filled with natural problem solvers who are developing industry-leading skills and using cutting-edge technologies.
As a Senior Software Engineer you would:
- Research, design, and write new applications and features for the platform
- Work closely with colleagues within the Engineering and Data Science teams to share knowledge and collaborate.
- Continually update your technical skills and knowledge to ensure Peak is using the most relevant tools and techniques.
- Maintain applications and features by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Investigate new technologies and advances in cloud tech.
- Researching, designing and writing new applications and features for the Peak platform
- Working closely with colleagues within the Engineering and Data Science teams to share knowledge and collaborate
- Continually updating your technical knowledge and skills to ensure Peak are using the most relevant tools and techniques
- Supporting the onboarding of new clients to the Peak platform
- Creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Writing and testing code - refining and rewriting as necessary.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Investigating new technologies and advanced in cloud tech.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members to support their development.
Skills & Experience
- Acquired strong proven professional programming experience.
- Proven track record and experience working as a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture, Cloud Technologies, CI/CD and Serverless.
- Experience with at least one of the following Database systems - RDBMS and NoSQL.
- A naturally inquisitive and problem-solving mindset.
- Strong experience in using Agile Methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum to build quality software.
- Strong command of Design Patterns and Product Architectural Design.
- Good communication skills.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Experience in using TypeScript or Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of Docker, DevOps Principles and preferably AWS.
- Previous experience working in a Product based company and involved in scaling a platform.
- Building and implementing a product on cloud based infrastructure.
- Strong command on Algorithms and Data structures
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and different testing frameworks such as Jest and React Testing Library.
You’ll be working with a smart and driven team of engineers, with a diverse background in full stack development, devops, data engineering, QA and technical architecture. You’ll also work closely with other teams such as Product and Data Science to ensure we are delivering relevant features for both our internal and external users. All in an award-winning, highly collaborative environment.
The Peak Platform
Leveraging serverless and container architecture, the Peak platform is built for handling data at scale. Peak enables businesses to productionize AI, end-to-end, in a single platform. Insights and intelligence can be accessed via an array of outputs including in-built and custom apps, integrated via APIs and more.
You can read more about the platform on our website too.
As an AWS Machine Learning and Retail competency partner, that is where we host our infrastructure. Be ready to dive into the inner workings of the platform to debug and resolve issues, we want our engineers to be as autonomous and self-sufficient as they can be, continuously learning and getting practical experience of our favourite technologies.
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one years service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Founded in Manchester and Jaipur in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works.
Our vision is to democratize AI for all businesses, putting AI at the heart of commercial decision-making to amplify competitive advantage - but AI needs to be outcomes-focussed. We partner with you wherever you are on your journey to accelerate your AI capability. To do this, we’ve built a first-of-its-kind enterprise AI platform, powering some of the world’s smartest companies to drive growth, increase profitability and improve efficiencies and sustainability. The time for AI is now, but for many businesses the biggest barrier is knowing how to get started.
That’s why Peak is here.
Peak unites engineers, data science teams and commercial decision makers on a single platform, to deliver value across a business and transform how business decisions are made. Looking to find out more about the Peak platform, and some of the ways we can help your business optimize processes across your entire value chain with our applications? Get in touch to arrange a demo for your business or to set up a call with our expert term. We’ll talk you through what’s possible, with no hard sell.
Game changing AI is here.
In 2021 & 2022, we proudly received our Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. Best Companies also ranked us as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers. Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front. Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
We believe diversity is key to making our business unique. As an accessible employer, we recognise and embrace the diversity on offer throughout our teams, providing a platform for all employees, and ultimately the business, to reach its full potential. The benefits of diversity and equality cannot be fully achieved without creating an inclusive environment. This includes colleagues who are disabled.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer meaning we have been certified by the government as actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain disabled workers. We understand that some disabled colleagues will need adjustments to help them perform to the best of their ability so if you do need any reasonable adjustments then please let us know.