Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratising AI for every business, and to build a great company that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Peak. Off the back of our $75m Series C funding round in late 2021, led by SoftBank, we're scaling our offering, and putting AI in the hands of even more customers.
We have ambitious plans for the future and that means we're looking to welcome new people to our team. At Peak, culture and success come hand in hand – so creating and protecting a company culture that’s true to our values remains a fundamental aspect of our mission.
Purpose of the role
To work with customers across multiple sectors; applying the latest research and technology to overcome real life commercial problems.
- You’ll work as a key part of the data science team, who shape our products and drive growth by transforming how our customers operate. Interfacing with diverse people and situations - from academic experts to being onsite with our customers; this position requires a high degree of independence and responsibility. Furthermore, there is considerable opportunity to expand the role as Peak grows.
- We’re looking for enthusiastic expertise in machine learning and data mining. An essential part of the role will involve keeping up-to-date with technological developments and research in the area. You must be enthusiastic about the discipline, excited by novel applications that these techniques offer, and have the ability to communicate your understanding and findings clearly to experts in other disciplines.
We are looking for teammates who are:
- Open - excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex information to those in other disciplines.
- Driven – shows high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence.
- Curious - naturally inquisitive with a problem-solving mindset.
- Smart – keeps up to date with the latest data science news, market results and industry announcements.
- Responsible - effectively balance priorities and work productively as part of the team.
We are looking for:
- 4+ years experience in one or some of - statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics.
- Programming skills/concepts and the ability to pick up new technology with ease. Prior experience in R, Python and/or other statistical tools/languages are a plus.
- Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL are a big bonus as you’ll be working with different datasets.
- Sound understanding of a wide range of statistical techniques.
- The ability to understand and present findings to a non-technical audience. Prior experience in data visualization and/or deriving insight from a wide variety of data sources is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus flexible bank holidays.
- Share options for everyone, when we win, we all win.
- Enhanced health insurance plans for you, your spouse and children.
- State of the art equipment (Apple Mac) to work from
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Provident fund.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 2 weeks of the year, after one year’s service.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Online exercise and embodiment classes.
- Regular company and team days along with social activities.
- Travel to Peak’s clubhouses around the world.
- Opportunity for professional development and certifications.
- In early 2023, we moved to an organised hybrid model that allows us to get together and collaborate in person but also offers flexibility. We promote flexible working hours with our team working 3 days onsite in our clubhouses with an option of 2 days remote (subject to reasonable adjustments).
Our 4 step interview process
- Intro call - Initial intro to Peak with one of our Talent Managers, Priyavrat Singh Rathore
- Team meeting - Video Interview with two Data Scientists in the team to explore values and find out more about your technical background.
- Skills Session - You will be set a task and asked to present your work to the team followed by a discussion and questions.
- Meet leadership - Get the lowdown on Peak, our future and your career with a final chat with someone in our leadership team.
Diversity, Equity & inclusion
We’re here to change the way the world works and build an amazing company that everyone loves being part of. We know diverse perspectives and experiences result in better solutions, which is why we want all of our Peakers to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’ve been striving to build a diverse and inclusive team from the outset. It’s a continuous journey, and there’s more we can do – but we’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, which is ahead of the tech industry standard.
We’ve set targets in relation to gender and ethnicity, for now, but we know there’s more to diversity than just these two areas. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment for those of all ages, religions, sexual orientations, socio-economic status and for those with disabilities.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer – a UK Government certification for organisations actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain persons with disabilities. If you need any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works by democratising AI for every business.
Peak’s AI platform is used by global industry leaders including Nike, Molson Coors, PepsiCo and Sika. The platform optimises inventories, pricing, and customer personalisation for businesses of all sizes and is deployed in just weeks. Featuring a library of pre-built AI applications that rapidly create real value across a range of business functions.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. The same year, it received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognises extraordinary levels of employee engagement, and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and again by Best Companies in 2021 and 2022. Peak was also recognised as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.