Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Peak. Off the back of our $75m Series C funding round in late 2021, led by SoftBank, we're scaling our offering, and putting AI in the hands of even more customers.
We have ambitious plans for the future and that means we're looking to welcome new people to our team. At Peak, culture and success come hand in hand – so creating and protecting a company culture that’s true to our values remains a fundamental aspect of our mission.
- Help build a best in class in house Legal function which adds value throughout Peak.
- Play a key role in the Legal function as we look to help businesses harness the potential of AI.
- Lead key strategic work streams which are critical to the achievement of our company objectives.
- A genuine opportunity to show the real value of a Legal team in a company with a supportive and open culture.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the VP Finance and existing In-House Counsel to build a best in class Legal function.
- Help to set up agile processes and procedures, ensuring a slick experience for stakeholders.
- Support the Sales team in contracting with our B2B customers who subscribe to our AI platform and software applications globally (based in our UK, India and US clubhouses).
- Review and advise the business on a variety of commercial agreements and matters involving our vendors, particularly our Marketing and Events teams.
- Support our DPO in implementing and managing a data privacy framework, whilst advising Sales, Data Science and other teams on data privacy matters.
- Support the People team as and when required on employment matters.
- Embed the Legal function as a key part of the wider Peak team, one that builds trusted relationships, is a strategic advisor and adds value throughout.
- Support the Executive management team including CEO, CIO and DPO with the highest standards of advice and guidance.
- Identification, preparation and delivery of cross-team training needs as required.
- Contribute to key strategic work streams and longer term value-add projects which are critical to Peak’s success, ensuring they receive the appropriate level of focus and urgency.
- Provide sound, pragmatic solutions to legal queries and risks, always remaining down to earth and communicating in a manner suitable for the audience.
- Keep up to date with legal and regulatory changes, proactively identify risks to our business and solutions to eliminate or mitigate them.
Open - approachable in interactions with other teams within the business.
Driven - strive to ensure a best in class legal function.
Curious - explore ways in which we can develop our team’s day to day work to support the success of Peak’s strategy and optimise our efficiency in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Smart - an ability to see beyond the law and consider issues from different perspectives.
Responsible - take ownership of company wide and departmental OKRs.
- In-house experience is essential with strong skills and working knowledge of data privacy, technology (including SaaS), intellectual property and commercial contracting (candidates who currently work in private practice but have strong experience working on external secondments may be considered).
- Experience/keen interest in SaaS and artificial intelligence solutions is desirable.
- Experience of working cross-border and on international contracts, particularly across EMEA, India and the US and/or in a scale-up business is desirable.
- Embodies the Peak values.
- An ability to see beyond the legal role, simplify and communicate in a straightforward way and take a pragmatic approach to legal risk.
- Experience of working on corporate work streams and corporate governance matters is desirable including venture capital investments and investor relations, joint ventures and share option schemes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a can do and positive approach and driven to learn and develop (no job is too big or too small).
- Experience of building processes and procedures.
- A natural self starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Extremely organised with strong planning skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus three flexible bank holidays.
- Share options for everyone, when we win, we all win.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Hybrid working model and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Direct access to a GP as well as mental health support including counselling, through WeCare, for your partner and children.
- Subsidised gym membership, Peak run club and online yoga, boxing and HIIT classes.
- Regular company and team days along with social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Travel to Peak’s clubhouses around the world.
Diversity, Equity & inclusion
We’re here to change the way the world works and build an amazing company that everyone loves being part of. We know diverse perspectives and experiences result in better solutions, which is why we want all of our Peakers to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’ve been striving to build a diverse and inclusive team from the outset. It’s a continuous journey, and there’s more we can do – but we’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, which is ahead of the tech industry standard.
We’ve set targets in relation to gender and ethnicity, for now, but we know there’s more to diversity than just these two areas. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment for those of all ages, religions, sexual orientations, socio-economic status and for those with disabilities.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer – a UK Government certification for organizations actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain persons with disabilities. If you need any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works by putting AI applications in the hands of business teams.
Peak’s AI platform is used by leading brands including Nike, Palace, PepsiCo, KFC and Sika, and provides a broad feature set that enables technical and commercial teams to build, deploy and manage AI applications at scale. The platform features a library of pre-built AI applications that rapidly create real value across a range of business functions.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. The same year, it received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement, and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and again by Best Companies in 2021 and 2022. This year Peak was also recognized as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators.