Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratising AI for every business, and to build a great company that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Peak. Off the back of our $75m Series C funding round in late 2021, led by SoftBank, we're scaling our offering, and putting AI in the hands of even more customers.
We have ambitious plans for the future and that means we're looking to welcome new people to our team. At Peak, culture and success come hand in hand – so creating and protecting a company culture that’s true to our values remains a fundamental aspect of our mission.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an experienced Sales Development Representative to work closely with the Sales & Marketing teams to identify opportunities by developing and qualifying out inbound enquiries, alongside outbound lead generation.
This is a key role that requires a solutions and results-oriented mindset, great communication skills, and a strong understanding of the sales process.
You will research prospective companies before engaging with them via phone, email and social channels. Your goal is to set up introductory calls with target influencers and decision makers and to make sure a majority of these calls become qualified opportunities for your sales team.
We’re looking for someone with experience in a similar sales capacity. You will be able to identify business challenges and articulate Peak’s proposition. You will also need the confidence and intellect to hold a conversation with C-Level and VP level executives at FTSE listed companies.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams to develop and define strategic target lists.
- Kick-start the sales process by prospecting to potential Peak customers
- Develop creative tactics, campaigns, and strategies to reach target prospects and generate qualified meetings for Sales Executives.
- Learn and develop critical skills in the sales process like meeting preparation, follow-up and closing
- Develop, present and implement plans for acquiring new business and traction in your assigned area
- Record and track all activities in Salesforce.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing management to refine the sales process.
- Achieve and exceed performance metrics while maintaining quality and consistency
We are building the fastest, smartest and most determined team in the enterprise AI space. To achieve this we are looking for teammates who can demonstrate our shared values:
Open: put the team first - embrace success and challenges with team mates.
Responsible: outcome focused with a long term vision.
Driven: self starter with high levels of motivation and resilience with the ability to work proactively in a fast paced growing company.
Curious: interested in technology, the AI space and how it can support organisations to grow
Smart: ability to problem solve and think creatively to overcome any barriers.
Previous experience in an outbound sales related role such as outbound marketing, sales pitches, prospect research, general business development is required. Experience in selling enterprise software would be an advantage but not essential.
We are looking for:
- Desire, drive and motivation to succeed within tech sales is essential.
- A natural self starter who can work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a can do and positive approach.
- Open and willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus flexible bank holidays.
- Share options for everyone, when we win, we all win.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Hybrid working model and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Direct access to a GP as well as mental health support including counselling, through WeCare, for your partner and children.
- Subsidised gym membership, Peak run club and online yoga, boxing and HIIT classes.
- Regular company and team days along with social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Travel to Peak’s clubhouses around the world.
Diversity, Equity & inclusion
We’re here to change the way the world works and build an amazing company that everyone loves being part of. We know diverse perspectives and experiences result in better solutions, which is why we want all of our Peakers to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’ve been striving to build a diverse and inclusive team from the outset. It’s a continuous journey, and there’s more we can do – but we’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, which is ahead of the tech industry standard.
We’ve set targets in relation to gender and ethnicity, for now, but we know there’s more to diversity than just these two areas. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment for those of all ages, religions, sexual orientations, socio-economic status and for those with disabilities.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer – a UK Government certification for organisations actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain persons with disabilities. If you need any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works by democratising AI for every business.
Peak’s AI platform is used by global industry leaders including Nike, Molson Coors, PepsiCo and Sika. The platform optimises inventories, pricing, and customer personalisation for businesses of all sizes and is deployed in just weeks. Featuring a library of pre-built AI applications that rapidly create real value across a range of business functions.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. The same year, it received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognises extraordinary levels of employee engagement, and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and again by Best Companies in 2021 and 2022. Peak was also recognised as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.