Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Peak. Off the back of our $75m Series C funding round in late 2021, led by SoftBank, we're scaling our offering, and putting AI in the hands of even more customers.
We have ambitious plans for the future and that means we're looking to welcome new people to our team. At Peak, culture and success come hand in hand – so creating and protecting a company culture that’s true to our values remains a fundamental aspect of our mission.
This is a great opportunity for a curious, technical, creative and commercially-minded Product Marketer to help shape and lead our strategy. You'll work on defining Peak's industry-leading AI products as we take them to market in the UK, US and India.
The Role Purpose
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) at Peak will be responsible for developing positioning, messaging, GTM strategies, competitive research, and content to help drive successful sales and marketing efforts. This work will often involve high levels of cross-functional collaboration with other teams, in particular with Product Managers, Account Managers, Account Executives, Solution Engineers and members of the Marketing team. We are the glue that aligns efforts across sales, marketing and product and we facilitate the link between our products and our users.
You’ll get to lead by example: crafting innovative concepts, coming up with ideas for how to communicate our features and benefits, writing original content, and conducting training and enablement sessions with our internal teams and external partners.
Creating sophisticated customer-focussed collateral is a key responsibility of this role, for example slides, diagrams, blog posts, articles, whitepapers, product information sheets, website content, videos, demos, roadmaps, launch plans and more. You need to be creative with a high level of initiative.
- Own the product marketing workplan and day-to-day coordination of product marketing activities for a specific product or group of products.
- Create, write, review and project manage delivery of persuasive collateral materials that drive our sales and marketing efforts, including both acquisition of new customers and expansion of existing.
- Support new product updates and launches by developing strategic messaging and go-to-market campaigns. Drive the collaborative implementation of this strategy across different teams. Build detailed product launch plans.
- Develop creative and strategic concepts that communicate the features and benefits of our products and successfully implement those ideas by working closely with sales and marketing teams.
- Develop thought leadership campaigns and content.
- Independently conduct market, competitive and analyst research to inform your work. Be one of the most knowledgeable people in the company about what’s happening in the market and with our products.
- Facilitate a close and productive relationship between stakeholder groups.
- Run and facilitate working groups.
- Facilitate feedback loops between customers and product development teams.
- Contribute to the wider development of product strategy.
- Contribute to the smooth functioning and leadership of the product marketing department through ownership of specific cross-team activities.
- Represent Peak at events and in customer-facing meetings as needed.
- Open - Share success and improvements with the wider team; celebrating the wins, small and large.
- Driven – Deliver real results for the business. Great, not good.
- Curious - Inquisitive desire to find and deliver short and long term value.
- Smart – Be a thought-leader across Peak in AI products and how to communicate about them.
- Responsible - Lead like nobody’s watching. Challenge the status quo, try new things, and improve everything around you as you go!
- Proven experience in product marketing, ideally in one of the following enterprise technology categories:
- Data, analytics and business intelligence
- AI Platforms
- Supply chain planning or demand forecasting
- Exceptional communicator, capable of taking complex concepts and communicating them in a very simple, easy-to-understand manner
- Strong technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Data science
- AI and machine learning
- Data engineering
- Inventory management or demand forecasting
- Pricing technology
- Customer relationship management or digital marketing technology
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional collaboration skills.
- Exceptional written and visual presentation skills
- Great analytical skills and the ability to tell a story through data.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus flexible bank holidays.
- Share options for everyone, when we win, we all win.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Hybrid working model and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Direct access to a GP as well as mental health support including counselling, through WeCare, for your partner and children.
- Subsidised gym membership, Peak run club and online yoga, boxing and HIIT classes.
- Regular company and team days along with social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Travel to Peak’s clubhouses around the world.
Diversity, Equity & inclusion
We’re here to change the way the world works and build an amazing company that everyone loves being part of. We know diverse perspectives and experiences result in better solutions, which is why we want all of our Peakers to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’ve been striving to build a diverse and inclusive team from the outset. It’s a continuous journey, and there’s more we can do – but we’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, which is ahead of the tech industry standard.
We’ve set targets in relation to gender and ethnicity, for now, but we know there’s more to diversity than just these two areas. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment for those of all ages, religions, sexual orientations, socio-economic status and for those with disabilities.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer – a UK Government certification for organizations actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain persons with disabilities. If you need any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business.
Peak’s AI platform is used by global industry leaders including Nike, Molson Coors, PepsiCo and Sika. The platform optimizes inventories, pricing, and customer personalization for businesses of all sizes and is deployed in just weeks. Featuring a library of pre-built AI applications that rapidly create real value across a range of business functions.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. The same year, it received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement, and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and again by Best Companies in 2021 and 2022. Peak was also recognized as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.