Hi, we’re Phiture — the mobile growth consultancy working with the teams behind leading apps like Adobe, Headspace, and LEGO® 👋. We’re on a mission to become the #1 company in our industry, and we need great people to make it happen.
You’ll be responsible for the strategic and financial development of our fast-growing 150-people fully bootstrapped and profitable company. With your guidance we’ll solidify our leadership position and achieve high double-digit CAGR over the foreseeable future. You’ll own the end-to-end accounting, payroll, and financial planning & forecasting. You will will recruit and manage a team that can help you build out a best-in-class finance function at Phiture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Strategic and financial development of the company
- Structuring, recruiting and managing a team of 4 (currently one) financial experts such as a financial accountant, controller or financial planners/analysts.
- Introduction and further development of the necessary business processes, with a clear focus on the company's growth strategy
- Integrating operational tools such as time tracking into our financial reporting processes
- Preparation and coordination of monthly and annual financial statements,
- Processing and coordination of all financial accounting tasks, in particular account assignment and posting of current business transactions in accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, general ledger and balance sheet accounting
- Carrying out regular account and ledger reconciliations with your team
- Setting up a controlling system, including cost and performance accounting, tying into metrics that are relevant to service businesses like ours.
- Benchmarking our financial metrics against industry standards and helping us continue to over-achieve those
- Reporting to the management team and advising the management on strategic investments
- Consulting extended Senior Leadership team in understanding the financial health of their departments.
- Responsibility for digitalisation and automation within Finance & Controlling function
- Management of external service providers, such as tax consultants, auditors, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING US
- You’re a compassionate leader in finance, with the ability to easily interface with senior and exec management as well as your team & external stakeholders
- You’ve successfully completed university studies, preferably Masters or an MBA in business, finance, investment or related field.
- You have at least 10+ years of professional experience, ideally within an service company or within consulting with an industry focus on marketing/technology
- You have 3+ years of experience in leading a team of several people
- Extensive practical knowledge in finance and accounting, in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB)
- Fluency in German and English, both written and spoken
- Experience with DATEV
- Preferred: Experience with NetSuite
- Preferred: Experience in the field of M&A
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Unlimited remote work within your home country and up to 90 days of international remote work every year
- The opportunity to boost your salary with our quarterly bonus scheme and share in the company's financial success
- Full and free mental health support from licensed therapists through our partnership with the Oliva
- Regular team events and a yearly, all-expenses-paid company offsite
- A yearly €1,000 budget for your personal development
- One training day a month to focus on your personal and professional growth
- Accelerated career development supported by quarterly feedback and progression sessions via Culture Amp, the online people and culture platform
- Flexible working hours so you can find the working patterns that best suit you
- Up to 30 days of paid vacation every year — plus more for special occasions
- An individual career roadmap and personal development plan to support a progressive learning curve
- A flexible working space at our spacious, pet-friendly headquarters in one of Berlin’s lively districts
- Onboarding package full of branded Phiture gear and a company MacBook
- Opportunity to actively influence change by joining our internal Culture, Climate Action, and Diversity & Inclusion teams
- A monthly remote work allowance to help you spruce up your home office space — plus your own monitor and desk chair
- Birthday, anniversary, and seasonal gifts from responsibly sourced local businesses
We encourage every qualified person to apply regardless of their age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. We celebrate diversity and are excited about building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.