Power Dot started with the vision that charging your car should be as easy as charging your smartphone. And so for that to happen, chargers need to be available where people naturally spend their days. To bring this vision to life and accelerate it as fast as possible, we have recently secured €150M from Antin Infrastructure Partners, one of the world's largest investment funds.
Our Mission is as simple as ambitious - Accelerate Sustainable Mobility. And we do it by investing, installing, and operating EV chargers with an innovative business model akin to an Infra and Tech scale-up. So in a nutshell, we help businesses find the right charging solution that fits their customers' needs, and today we’ve joined forces with more than 1,200 partners across Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Poland, where we have more than 2,200 contracted locations.
Our Values: We are partner obsessed and create bespoke solutions to better serve their customers. We love the challenge of making EV charging simpler, readily available, and integrated with varied retail and service experiences.
Finally, we are all about growing - our network, partner businesses, teams' professional development but mostly the EV ecosystem. So that sustainable mobility becomes a reality for all as fast as possible.
At the end of the day we believe that everything we are and all we want to be, is and will be due to our Team, composed by a collective of creative thinkers and doers with backgrounds from McKinsey, UBS Investment Banking, Oliver Wyman, or Burger King to people responsible for scaling Uber, Glovo, and Lime at their earliest stages. We welcome empowered top performers that apart from sharing our mission and our values, want to bring disruptive ways of thinking and become part of this amazing journey!
The Head of Accounting & Tax will report directly to the CFO. She/He will have a dynamic day-to-day life characterized by a multiplicity of functions of the greatest importance at the HQ level such as:
- Lead and define the global accounting organisational structure
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvement
- Lead accounting projects and process improvements
- Define global accounting policies
- Coordinate accounting activities performed by our outsourced finance partners
- Provide faster and better information to support the decision making
- Lead monthly closing processes
- Lead the preparation of the yearly accounts (including consolidation) with a high level of quality and clarity to support any funding strategy
- Coordinate with external auditors and ensure timely regulatory filings
- Provide tax guidance or lead tax advisors in any relevant matter, ensuring regulatory compliance in all geographies
- Coach, mentor, and train all the team on accounting and tax matters
You are expected to:
- Have a high proactive and independent entrepreneurial spirit, combined with an enormous capacity of problem solving, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Quickly adapt to a fast-paced environment, be a team player, and always have a positive and hands-on attitude
- Understand business needs
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in Portuguese and English. Good comprehension and verbal communication in Spanish and French will be highly valued;
- Have a robust work experience in audit or accounting roles
- Highly skilled in data analysis and reporting
- Being a certified accountant in Portugal will be valued (Contabilista Certificado)
Get to know our benefits!
- Private health insurance
- Gym pass membership
- Flexible time (you own your time)
- Enhanced paid parental leave
- Annual offsite - this year it was in Azores, don’t miss the next one!
- Recurrent team buildings in our local teams
Last but not least, at Power Dot we strongly believe that the best solutions and the most innovative ideas come from the coexistence of people with different backgrounds that reflect the diverse world we live in. We seek for a culture of diversity and inclusion - a culture where equal opportunities and mutual respect prevail and where everyone has the opportunity to speak up, challenge the status quo and make the difference.