Power Dot started with the vision that charging your car should be as easy as charging your smartphone. And so for that to happen, chargers need to be available where people naturally spend their days. To bring this vision to life and accelerate it as fast as possible, we have recently secured €150M from Antin Infrastructure Partners, one of the world's largest investment funds.
Our Mission is as simple as ambitious - Accelerate Sustainable Mobility. And we do it by investing, installing, and operating EV chargers with an innovative business model akin to an Infra and Tech scale-up. So in a nutshell, we help businesses find the right charging solution that fits their customers' needs, and today we’ve joined forces with more than 1,200 partners across Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Poland, where we have more than 2,200 contracted locations.
Our Values: We are partner obsessed and create bespoke solutions to better serve their customers. We love the challenge of making EV charging simpler, readily available, and integrated with varied retail and service experiences.
Finally, we are all about growing - our network, partner businesses, teams' professional development but mostly the EV ecosystem. So that sustainable mobility becomes a reality for all as fast as possible.
At the end of the day we believe that everything we are and all we want to be, is and will be due to our Team, composed by a collective of creative thinkers and doers with backgrounds from McKinsey, UBS Investment Banking, Oliver Wyman, or Burger King to people responsible for scaling Uber, Glovo, and Lime at their earliest stages. We welcome empowered top performers that apart from sharing our mission and our values, want to bring disruptive ways of thinking and become part of this amazing journey!
The Head of Energy will be responsible for defining the strategy of possibly entering into long term agreements, specially with producers of renewable energy, balancing the risk with other short and medium term contracts, for all the 6 markets where Power Dot operates (Portugal, Spain, Poland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg). You will play a key role in helping define and executing Power Dot’s strategy regarding battery storage.
With the exponential growth of Power Dot’s deployment of EV charging infrastructure, the volume of energy consumed is following the same trend. Since we’ve started operating, Power Dot has purchased electricity mainly through the spot market, but with the volatility of energy prices and high volumes consumed, we are looking into defining a purchasing strategy that enables stable margins and accurate forecasting.
The Head of Energy will be responsible for defining the strategy of possibly entering into long term agreements, especially with producers of renewable energy, balancing the risk with other short and medium term contracts, for all the 6 markets where Power Dot operates (Portugal, Spain, Poland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg). You will play a key role in helping to define and execute Power Dot’s strategy regarding battery storage.
In this role you will manage all commercial efforts to negotiate energy purchase, as well as defining the strategy on what type of agreements we should enter in each market. Below some of the activities you would be expected to perform:
- Strategy definition, with clear timelines and energy procurement approach that Power Dot should follow on each market (PPAs, future, spot), optimising Power Dot’s purchase price in all markets where we operate, and minimize risk of imbalance between sales and purchases of electricity
- Monitor the wider energy market, analyse market trends and impact on wholesale prices
- Regular touch points with the Management Team to present relevant updates on the energy market, main risks and opportunities for Power Dot
- Actively contribute to the definition of our ongoing end-user pricing strategy
- Work together with Power Dot’s Finance and Operations teams to develop clear forecasting plans of volumes purchased
- Explore new business opportunities for Power Dot within the energy market
- Negotiate and execute power purchase agreements in line with the strategy
- Manage continuous operations to balance Power Dot electricity supply and demand position on each market
The Candidate must have a high proactive spirit, combined with an enormous capacity of problem solving, decision making, analytical and communication skills. The perfect candidate is willing to take a leading role defining and implementing energy purchasement strategy, in a company that is growing at a really fast pace. We are looking for:
- At least 7 years of experience in electricity purchasing / origination
- Analytical and commercial mindset
- Bachelor/Masters degree in a related field
- Experience in trading of GOOs is a plus;
- Fluent in English and French. Spanish and Polish are a plus.
- Down to earth mentality, friendly personality, but playing to win;
- Genuine interest and alignment with Power Dot’s mission: Accelerate sustainable mobility
- Someone with a strong interest and enthusiasm for the area of electric mobility and, although not fundamental, experiences in the area are highly valued.
- Someone who is based in Paris, France, or is willing to relocate
Get to know our benefits!
- Private health insurance
- Gym pass membership
- Flexible time (you own your time)
- Enhanced paid parental leave
- Annual offsite - this year it was in Azores, don’t miss the next one!
- Recurrent team buildings in our local teams
Last but not least, at Power Dot we strongly believe that the best solutions and the most innovative ideas come from the coexistence of people with different backgrounds that reflect the diverse world we live in. We seek for a culture of diversity and inclusion - a culture where equal opportunities and mutual respect prevail and where everyone has the opportunity to speak up, challenge the status quo and make the difference.