About Power Dot
Power Dot started with the vision that charging your car should be as easy as charging your smartphone. And so for that to happen, chargers need to be available where people naturally spend their days. To bring this vision to life and accelerate it as fast as possible, we have recently secured €150M from Antin Infrastructure Partners, one of the world's largest investment funds. Our Mission is as simple as ambitious - Accelerate Sustainable Mobility. And we do it by investing, installing, and operating EV chargers with an innovative business model akin to an Infra and Tech scale-up. So in a nutshell, we help businesses find the right charging solution that fits their customers' needs, and today we’ve joined forces with more than 1,200 partners across Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Poland, where we have more than 2,200 contracted locations.
Our Values: We are partner obsessed and create bespoke solutions to better serve their customers. We love the challenge of making EV charging simpler, readily available, and integrated with varied retail and service experiences. Finally, we are all about growing - our network, partner businesses, teams' professional development but mostly the EV ecosystem. So that sustainable mobility becomes a reality for all as fast as possible. At the end of the day we believe that everything we are and all we want to be, is and will be due to our Team, composed by a collective of creative thinkers and doers with backgrounds from McKinsey, UBS Investment Banking, Oliver Wyman, or Burger King to people responsible for scaling Uber, Glovo, and Lime at their earliest stages. We welcome empowered top performers that apart from sharing our mission and our values, want to bring disruptive ways of thinking and become part of this amazing journey!
The Technical Support Engineer will have a key role in supporting local operations teams in Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Poland. He/She will build and optimize processes or tools that will help local teams to improve the charger performance and reliability and provide world-class support/maintenance to our network.
The Central Operations Specialist will be part of a Central Team. She/He will have the opportunity to work with different markets and have a dynamic day-to-day life characterized by a multiplicity of functions of the greatest importance at the HQ level:
- Establish support processes for all markets to optimize the uptime of the charger network;
- Work close together with charger suppliers and local operational teams to solve technical issues;
- Develop corrective and preventive maintenance processes;
- Provide technical guidance to the procurement team on technical charger topics;
- Interact with product engineering, software and local operations teams to improve internal processes and technology;
- Follow international and local regulations regarding charging infrastructure;
The Candidate we are looking for:
- Has a high proactive and independent entrepreneurial spirit, combined with an enormous capacity of problem-solving, decision making and leadership. The Candidate must be used to working in a fast-paced and ambitious environment
- Is fluent in both oral and written English in order to be able to prepare business documents and conduct meetings in this language. Other languages are a plus
- Has professional experience of 3 years in EV charger infrastructure, including experience with OCPP and OCPI protocols.
- Has a strong understanding of the electrical systems used in EV chargers and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to these systems;
- Has experience with electric vehicle charging hardware diagnostic brand protocols/standards
- Has a strong understanding of international and local regulations related to EV charging infrastructure;.
- Is based in Lisbon or willing/looking to relocate to Lisbon or Porto. Given the nature of the role, the Candidate must be available to periodically travel across Europe and work in the field:
- Has the ability to take initiative and easily adapt to the constantly-changing work environment
Get to know our benefits!
- Private health insurance
- Gym pass membership
- Flexible time (you own your time)
- Enhanced paid parental leave
- Annual offsite - this year it was in Azores, don’t miss the next one!
- Recurrent team building events in our local teams
Last but not least, at Power Dot we strongly believe that the best solutions and the most innovative ideas come from the coexistence of people with different backgrounds that reflect the diverse world we live in. We seek for a culture of diversity and inclusion - a culture where equal opportunities and mutual respect prevail and where everyone has the opportunity to speak up, challenge the status quo and make a difference.