OK, You understand software development and love to make repeatable automated test scripts. Finding that bug, proving that error or just being happy that it all works as it should is what drives your day. Would you be confident to release software knowing that it is safeguarding the worlds most precious digital assets?
We are Preservica and we are changing the way organizations safeguard their digital information. Our projects are at the razor’s edge of commercial software solutions addressing the need for smart digital preservation technologies. As a world-leader in digital preservation, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organizations across the globe.
To maintain our growth we believe in hiring strong technical talent and then supporting that talent to grow with us.
Working as part of an Agile Scrum team, your key role will be to to evaluate, write and execute test cases for automation increasing the current capability to increase coverage and assure quality before release.. Other tasks will include:
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured automation test plans.
- Configure and setup automation test environments.
- Maintain the automation framework.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and deliver automated testing covering both API and GUI test cases.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Record and document thoroughly all test plan results, investigate and remedy failures
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Our offices are in Abingdon but this role could be either office based or worked remotely in the UK.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree level education in an engineering / software / system related subject or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience.
- 3 years of Automated Software testing experience including work as a Lead.
- Be familiar with Agile development / testing practices) inculding running sprints / scrums.
- Good knowledge of Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, BDD, TDD,
- Experience with Test Rail, Zephyr or similar
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we also offer great future prospects in a fast-growing market sector. From improving your technical abilities to developing leadership skills, we can offer tailored career development based on your aspirations.
This is supported by our focus on personal development and training - all our staff have an annual training allowance, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognized professional qualifications.