Preservica is a fast-growing Series B scale-up that is changing the way organizations safeguard and protect long-term digital information. We are a recognized leader in active digital preservation technology and a Gartner Cool Vendor.
Our award-winning SaaS software is trusted by a rapidly growing user base of over 1,000 organizations, from major corporations like Bacardi, HSBC, Associated Press & Unilever to government bodies including Texas State Archives, Los Angeles County, Boston City Archives, Ivy League academic institutional libraries land iconic cultural institutions like the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York.
Preservica’s integrated platform enables organizations to digitally transform and future proof the spectrum of digitized and born-digital objects (documents, images, video, sound, website, social media, email, GIS) using automated workflows and international best practices to:
- Unlock information value to drive innovation and competitive advantage.
- Mitigate risk by meeting compliance, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Protect intellectual property and governance records.
- Conform to international standards for a trusted digital repository Preserve and share content of unique cultural or brand importance.
We are poised for significant growth following the successful launch of a freemium version of our software earlier this year (https://starter.preservica.com/). In the past six months alone, Preservica has grown its user base by nearly 400%.
Location & Reporting
This role can either be based from our Boston offices or remotely from a US base. The role reports to the Vice President of Sales for North America. You will be required to travel to customer’s premises within the US. Some International travel may also be required.
As a Pre-Sales Solution Architect, you will be responsible for supporting sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical and business solution close” across the portfolio of Preservica’s digital preservation solutions.
Your responsibility is to guide Enterprise Customers and Channel Partners by understanding their business drivers and technology systems and translating this knowledge into demonstrations & technical proposals that show Preservica’s capabilities in the most effective way.
Demonstrations may be to individuals or to groups and may be delivered remotely or face-to-face. Occasionally this may require the installation and support of an on-premise proof of concept. You will have to work with standard data and be able to produce demonstrations based on prospect supplied data or scenarios.
You will also work with the sales and technical teams to produce high quality proposals. These are often formal responses which require careful responses to fulfil the selection criteria.
You will support marketing by collaborating to deliver high quality content for webinars, conferences and user group meetings. You will also attend North American and International conferences and trade shows to persuade customers to move forward with our product.
As digital preservation is an emerging information management field you will also need to understand its underpinnings and subtleties and be able to articulate them to a wide variety of prospects and customers, from C-level executives to practitioners to the IT department, adapting your style appropriately. You will also need to be able to adapt to different vertical markets, using appropriate language to express digital preservation in their terms.
- Educate Enterprise Customers and Channel Partners on the value proposition of digital preservation.
- Lead architectural discussions to ensure Preservica solutions are designed for successful deployment.
- Build deep relationships with decision makers to enable them to be “Digital Preservation Advocates”.
- Develop unique, compelling, and exciting demonstrations of Preservica for prospective Enterprise Customers.
- Build reference architecture, frameworks and toolkits to drive scale of adoption.
- Attend conferences and workshops to present Preservica’s message and otherwise follow developments in the digital preservation domain to share with stakeholders in the business.
- Capture and share best-practice technical knowledge, acting as a conduit and liaison between customers, engineering teams and support.
- Support the US Sales team (and for larger bids the Bid Project Manager) in producing well-written and persuasive technical responses to RFPs.
- Continuously improve a registry of “standardized responses” to standard tender requirements.
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practice materials.
- Answer technical queries across the range of Preservica solutions.
Here are some of qualities we are looking for:
Having fun while being part of a passionate team, working hard to protect the world’s digital memory.
In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling digital preservation solutions for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise Customers and Channel Partners.
Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have experience working with customers or similar.
Requirements and Previous Experience
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- Experience selling into Local, State and Federal accounts (SLED)
- Experience in Enterprise Content Management and/or Records Management
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Computer Science is an advantage)
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Proven ability to demonstrate complex software and to craft individual presentations based on prospect supplied material
- Knowledge and experience of SaaS, Cloud Services, Data Storage
- Experience contributing to the production of complex formal proposals
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Familiarity with common enterprise services
- Attractive salary & bonus package, plus stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Work from home