Can you create ground breaking UI? Ready to flex your professional and creative muscles? Want to be part of a world leading company safeguarding the planets most precious digital assets?
We are Preservica and we are changing the way organizations safeguard their digital information. Our SaaS Solutions are at the razor’s edge of commercial software addressing the need for smart digital preservation technologies. As a world-leader in digital preservation, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organizations across the globe.
A dynamic and adaptable professional with extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions. You will have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design. You may already be a UX/UI Designer or have the credibility and capability to step up into the role. Either way we want to hear from you!
Working across a growing development team, you will be a key contributor to our new roadmap, building on from the existing UX framework for our PLG SaaS solutions. We use Figma as our main tool so you will need to be an advanced user. Preservica is growing at pace and this is a great opportunity to join a team which is being built from the ground up and to contribute to the new landscape of digital preservation.
Our offices are in Abingdon, UK but this role can equally be based remotely within the UK.
• Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Facilitate the client’s/stakeholders product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces using Figma.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Skills And Qualifications
• Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for B2B / B2C applications.
• The ability to be dynamic and adaptable is paramount. This role requires design support to multiple engineering teams.
• The successful candidate will be proficient in Figma and have a design portfolio to demonstrate their case studies.
• Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3 (comfortable with CSS animations and flexbox) is a plus.
• Ability to work with clients/stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
• Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
• Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
• Good understanding of accessibility.
• Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
• BSc degree in Computer Science, BA in Multimedia or equivalent experience.
What We Offer
As well as a competitive salary, performance bonus and benefits package, we also offer great prospects in a fast-growing market sector. We are committed to maintaining high standards and ensuring our people have the access to the best learning and development.
Location & Reporting
This role can either be based in Abingdon or remotely within the UK base. You may be required to travel to customers premises. Some International travel may also be required. Preservica is an equal opportunities employer. Sorry - we are not in a position to sponsor candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.