Can you lead a ground breaking UX/UI team? Ready to flex your professional and creative muscles? Want to be part of a world leading company safeguarding the planets most precious digital assets?
We are Preservica and we are changing the way organizations safeguard their digital information. Our SaaS Solutions are at the razor’s edge of commercial software addressing the need for smart digital preservation technologies. As a world-leader in digital preservation, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organizations across the globe.
A dynamic and adaptable professional with extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions. You will have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design. You may already be a UX Team Lead or have the credibility and capability to step up into the role. Either way we want to hear from you!
To lead our UX team and work across a growing development team. As such you will coach, mentor, guide and grow a UX team, ensuring that we build a value-based and consistent experience for our users. You will be a key contributor to our new roadmap, building on from the existing UX framework for our PLG SaaS solutions. We use Figma as our main tool so you will need to be an advanced user. Preservica is growing at pace and this is a great opportunity to join a team which is being built from the ground up and to contribute to the new landscape of digital preservation.
Our offices are in Abingdon, UK but this role can equally be based remotely within the UK.
- Lead a team of experienced UX designers and ensure consistency with our strategic aims
- Drive to vision for our UX strategy aligned to business goals and understanding our key user groups
- Ensure consistency of approach within the UX team to ensure the designs are inline with broader strategy and direction
- Be comfortable being a “player/coach” getting involved with projects as necessary to support the wider product and business goals
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences and articulate these to the UX team for incorporation into their designs
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach with the team and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Significant experience of UX design with preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for B2B / B2C applications.
- Demonstrated experience of running a team, or wiliness to lead one.
- Excellent communication skills that span various stakeholder groups both internally and externally
- Good understanding of accessibility.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, BA in Multimedia or equivalent experience.
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary, performance bonus and benefits package, we also offer great prospects in a fast-growing market sector. We are committed to maintaining high standards and ensuring our people have the access to the best learning and development.
This role can either be based in Abingdon or remotely within the UK base. You may be required to travel to customers premises. Some International travel may also be required. Preservica is an equal opportunities employer. Sorry - we are not in a position to sponsor candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.