Are you always one step ahead? Do you have a deep understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance? Is Information Security in your blood! Working alongside some of the most talented experts in our sector – your mission is to assure the security of our systems, data and customer data as we safeguard the world’s most precious digital assets.
We are Preservica and we are changing the way organizations safeguard their digital information. Our projects are at the razor’s edge of commercial software solutions addressing the need for smart digital preservation technologies. As a world-leader in digital preservation, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organizations across the globe.
To maintain our growth we believe in hiring strong talent and then supporting that talent to grow with us.
Our offices are based in Abingdon UK and Boston US. This role can operate from either base or remotely from within the US or UK.
Proud of your track record in Information Security, you are a technology enthusiast adept at creating secure solutions and processes as well as maintaining security certifications (SOC2, ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials+). Willing to challenge the status quo with a passion to learn and embrace new technologies. You communicate well at all levels and through all channels. Our team is small but growing and you will need to be self-motivated, highly organized and able to multitask and prioritize.
As Head of Information Security you will take the lead in the development and management of our Information Systems cyber security, including disaster recovery, database protection and software development.
Additionally, you will implement procedures and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards; and evaluate the organization to ensure compliance with standards and relevance with industry security norms.
Preservica is ISO-27001, SOC2 Type II and Cyber Essentials certified and you will play a key role in ensuring that the company retains these certifications year on year. This includes the ownership of information security policies and procedures, as well as our internal information security audit program focused on risk management and control effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver IS security standards, best practices, architecture and systems to ensure information system security across the enterprise.
- Deliver an information security roadmap plan that drives the company forward in meeting new industry standards and you will guide delivery teams across the organisation to successfully achieve such a plan.
- Work closely with Cloud Operations to develop and implement new and emerging security controls and standards, especially linked to Cloud best practices.
- Point of contact for customer led information security topics, to include contract negotiation, audits, questionnaires and meetings.
- Coordinate network and application security/penetration testing exercises, including supplier relationships.
- Point of contact for both internal and external security incidents, including the maintenance and execution of an incident response plan as necessary.
- Design information security training for new staff and annual awareness exercises.
Knowledge & Experience:
- CISSP certified
- 7-12 years experience in an information security role
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of information security frameworks
- Experienced in Risk and Incident management (including Critical Incident Management)
- IT infrastructure operations and application security best practices
- Previous experience of implementing ISO 27001 along with other information security frameworks, e.g., NIST, CCM, CAIQ, Cyber Essentials Plus
- Proven Leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and participate in information security forums with a global customer base
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer tangible career development opportunities and dedicated training time to support professional growth.
Preservica are an equal opportunities employer