Are you a Front-End specialist? Experienced in enterprise level cloud based SaaS solutions? Could you add value to an existing team of highly skilled developers? Are you ready to make your mark on future proofed software?
We are Preservica and our active digital preservation solutions are at the razor’s edge of commercial software solutions, addressing the need for smart digital preservation technology. Our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organisations across the globe.
We are world leaders and proud of our achievements – but to stay ahead we need the brightest and most talented commercial and technical innovators to join our development team and right now we are looking for a solid Front End Engineer.
A key member of a geographically distributed team, you will bridge the gap between UX and the back end teams. Working as part of an Agile Scrum to build high-quality and fully performing software across our cloud based SaaS product range of Digital Preservation software. Your work will extend to include:
- Write well designed, testable, maintainable, efficient code.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and follow quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Follow the Preservica build and deployment process.
- Estimate stories and support tickets.
Our offices are in Abingdon but this role can be either office based or worked remotely in the UK.
What We Look For:
A highly motivated self-starter, to be part of Preservica you need:
- Degree level education in an engineering / software / system related subject or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience.
- Be familiar with Agile development practices, including CI/CD
- 3+ years' experience in enterprise level front-end web development:
- Proficient understanding of semantic mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3 (comfortable with CSS animations and flexbox).
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
You will also need to:
- Work to tight deadlines, get involved in Scrum meetings, work closely with other Software Engineers and also with Test Analysts.
- Be personable and have good communication skills, be pro-active and confident to present in team meetings when required.
- Be able to communicate with senior level stakeholders and be involved.
What We Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we also offer great future prospects in a fast-growing market sector. From improving your technical abilities to developing leadership skills, we can offer tailored career development based on your aspirations. This is supported by our focus on personal development and training - all our staff have an annual training allowance, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.