Pre-Sales Solution Architect, Microsoft Channels
Enterprise SaaS Solutions
Abingdon, UK or Remote UK Based
Are you excited by technical innovation? Do you enjoy working with partners and customers, identifying and implementing smarter technology driven approaches? Do you have first hand experience engaging with the Microsoft Partner community? Want to work with a trail blazing scale-up in the arena of enterprise content, archiving and Active Digital Preservation?
Preservica is transforming the way organizations safeguard and protect long-term digital information. Our award-winning, patented, SaaS software is trusted by a rapidly growing user base of over 1,000 organizations, including major corporations, government agencies and academic institutions around the world.
We will soon launch a new solution, Preserve365, that makes active digital preservation easily accessible and useable by all Microsoft 365 customers, ensuring that records and content in Microsoft 365 can be automatically preserved, kept safe and readable for the long-term.
At the core of this role, you will provide technical expertise and support to our Microsoft Partners to drive sales of Preservica 365. Helping to shape their solution and technical positioning to enhance the value propositions for their customers, from a technical and architectural solution perspective.
You will also be instrumental in selectively identifying and recruiting new partners to enable growth in our core markets, especially the Public Sector. You will be key to the success of these initiatives as we on-board new partners, bring their Preservica solutions to market and drive new Channel business across primarily North America, Europe & Australia.
The ideal candidate will be hands-on Pre-Sales and have experience in both partner and customer facing roles, leading technical and business value discussions at all levels, including with senior leaders. The successful candidate will have a balance of technical acumen and business development/sales acumen.
- Become a technical/solution evangelist for Preserve365, our new Microsoft 365 solution, its positioning in the Information Governance and Archival market and be the “go to” contact for partners.
- Work with the Channel Team to help identify, qualify & recruit select partners for Preserve365 & industry/regional expansion. Work with these partners to bring joint solutions to market, building strong relationships.
- Support partner and direct sales engagements, understanding the customer’s business drivers and technology and translating this knowledge into demonstrations & technical proposals that show Preserve365 and Preservica’s capabilities in the most effective way, as well as educating the Channel Partners during this sales process.
- Lead architectural discussions with select partners as an Archival and Digital Preservation evangelist and technical advisor and to ensure Preservica solutions are designed for successful deployment, and, where appropriate, advise Solution/Software partners about how to integrate with Preservica using APIs.
- Participate in Channel Marketing activities, to Partners and to their customers, including speaking and providing demonstrations at Channel Marketing events.
- Develop the technical competency and self-sufficiency of the partners, creating digital preservation advocates within the partner.
- Work with the Channel sales and marketing team to provide a comprehensive Partner Program.
Requirements and Previous Experience
- 5+ years of pre-sales and solution architect experience, a Technical Evangelist.
- Experience in working with Systems Integrators, Consulting and Solution/Software partners in a pre-sales and solution architecture advisory role or in direct sales roles where partners have been engaged.
- Knowledge of the ECM, Records Management and the Archival market, including familiarity with Microsoft 365, AI & Content Services/Purview is ideal. Other experience that is beneficial - file archiving, data analysis, metadata management, retention management/data disposition, policy definition, solution integration/APIs.
- Proven ability to network, independently, across partner/customer organisations. Existing contacts in the Microsoft Partner Community in appropriate roles would be useful.
Location & Reporting
Either hybrid-based in Abingdon or working remotely in the UK and reporting directly to the Vice President, Alliances & Channels, this position includes travel to partners’ and customers’ premises. Some International travel will be required.
What We Offer
As well as a competitive salary, performance bonus/commission, benefits package and share options, we also offer great future prospects in a fast-growing market sector. With our drive to expand our Channel partners there is great opportunity for you to advance. We are committed to maintaining high technical standards and ensuring our people have the access to the best learning and development
Preservica are an equal opportunities employer.