Are you ready to lead enterprise scale software where no one has been before? Could you maximise the value of a team of highly skilled software engineers? Are you ready to make your mark on world beating future proofed software?
Prerservica is at the razor’s edge of commercial software solutions with our industry leading digital preservation platform. With strong private equity backing, rapid year-on-year growth and blue-chip customers in the government sector as well as multi-national businesses we’re the world leaders in the digital preservation space.
Everyone at Preservica is very proud of what we’ve achieved – but to stay ahead we need the brightest and most talented commercial and technical innovators and right now we are looking for a Head of Engineering to lead our development teams into the next generation.
This is a leadership role, taking responsibility for the day to day activity and line management of a 30+ engineering team, ensuring that Preservica’s technology goals are prioritised, resourced and realised.
Your work will extend to include:
- Working with Engineering Leads to define and maintain Preservica and industry standards and project plans.
- Participating in roadmap planning and technical architecture/design for key capabilities of Preservica’s Digital Preservation platform.
- Remain close to the code, participating heavily in the software design and implementation processes.
- Assist in the definition and execution of Preservica’s software development lifecycle.
- Proactively understanding, assisting, training and mentoring other members of the engineering organisation in terms of their career goals and professional development.
Our offices are in Abingdon but this role can operated from home within reasonable commuting distance of Abingdon.
What We Look For
- Degree level education in an engineering/software/system related subject or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience.
- 10+ years experience in enterprise software product development. Experience with platform engineering is a major plus.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing software engineering teams.
- Proven ability to lead multiple engineering teams in the design, implementation and support of a complex commercially sold software platform/product.
- Strong background in Agile development practices with Agile transformation experience preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the confidence and ability to lead discussions in team meetings.
- Ability to communicate with senior-level business stakeholders in terms of the requirements, challenges and opportunities facing the engineering organization.
What We Offer
Our people are important to us. As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we also offer great future prospects in a fast-growing market sector. From developing your leadership skills to improving your technical abilities, we can offer tailored career development based on your aspirations. This is supported by our focus on personal development and training - all our staff have an annual training allowance, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.
Preserivca is an equal opportunities employer.