So, You have a deep understanding of SaaS software in production. CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code is in your blood and Automation is everything! Are you ready to deploy SaaS solutions that safeguard the world’s most precious digital assets? Working alongside some of the most talented experts in our sector?
We are Preservica and we are changing the way organizations safeguard their digital information. Our projects are at the razor’s edge of commercial software solutions addressing the need for smart digital preservation technologies. As a world-leader in digital preservation, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organizations across the globe.
To maintain our growth we believe in hiring strong technical talent and then supporting that talent to grow with us
This role can be based from our offices in Abingdon or worked remotely from a UK base with regular office days.
With a track record in Dev Ops and SW development, you are a technology enthusiast who takes pride in creating rock solid solutions to deploy software at scale and velocity. Willing to challenge the status quo with a passion to learn and embrace new technologies. You communicate well at all levels and through all channels.
A natural leader you will thrive in a role which could include mentoring and line management. Our team is growing and you will need to be self-motivated, highly organized and able to multitask and prioritize.
Working in support of one or more of our ground breaking Agile Scrum teams set to revolutionise how companies enable Active Digital Preservation of critical data. Your key tasks will include:
- Ownership of Build/Deployment tasks and see them through to completion independently.
- An “Automation first, console as a last resort” attitude in everything you do.
- Working with other engineers to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for various components of Preservica’s product line(s).
- Working with Operations staff to understand the requirements for deployment to Preservica’s production environments.
- Developing automation scripts for migrations, upgrades and new capabilities as they are added to Preservica’s product line(s).
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation on infrastructure, processes, and best practices
Knowledge & Experience:
- High level of DevOps experience and capability
- Experience with automation / building infrastructure as code
- Experience with Cloud, AWS, SaaS services
- Knowledgeable on Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with TeamCity, Gitlabs, Github, etc
- Strong skills in Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Shell Script,
- Experience of Linux and Windows (Server 2012, 2016)
- Strong foundation in Agile development practices
- Programming experience ideally with Java and /or Python
- Degree in engineering / software or similar
- Strong desire to share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Extremely strong written and verbal skills
What We Offer
Our people are important to us. As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we also offer great future prospects in a fast-growing market sector. From developing your leadership skills to improving your technical abilities, we can offer tailored career development based on your aspirations. This is supported by our focus on personal development and training - all our staff have an annual training allowance, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.
Preserivca is an equal opportunities employer.