PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the role:
- Be accountable for developing and maintaining world-class, best practice compliance frameworks and record keeping
- Drive and implement a compliance framework and processes that are easily scaled, simple and understood by all, and compliant with all applicable legislation and regulations
- Scrutinise and contribute to existing policies, testing that they are appropriately robust and customer friendly, by internal review and working with external reviewers
- Ensure compliance programs throughout the organisation are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including proper auditing and reporting functions
- Regularly audit Company operations, products, procedures, practices, and documents, including quality assurance, quality control, and periodic reviews of departments to identify possible weaknesses or risks
- Responsible for establishing regulatory risk and governance framework / processes/ oversight as well as reporting and escalation of regulatory matters to board, in conjunction with the General Counsel
- Liaison across the whole organisation to create compliance reports, ensuring that the content is accurate and up to date and that they are produced in a timely manner and to a high quality
- Coordinate compliance needs between business expansion and compliance teams, ensuring a smooth launch into new markets and new products
- Assist in overseeing the anti-money laundering monitoring programme (e.g. assessing client due diligence for risk factors, transaction monitoring & sanctions screening)
- Maintain and execute global Compliance programs on Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorist Financing, Partner Due Diligence and Oversight, and Data Protection
- Collaborate with all departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations
- Serve as the subject matter expert and the main point of contact responsible for any external compliance investigations, assessments, and audits
- Prepare regulatory notifications and filings in conjunction with the legal function
- Address any FCA requests in conjunction with the General Counsel and legal function
You will be successful in the role if you:
- Have at least 5-7 years years experience in a compliance role within FCA regulated financial institutions
- Have Experience working closely with senior business leaders and approaching Compliance with a strategic and commercial mindset appropriate for a unique and innovative financial services business
- Understand the practical application of Financial Services and general compliance regulation, including CASS, MiFID II, SMCR, AML, Data protection, Customer Due Diligence, Transaction Reporting
- Nice to have: Existing compliance experience in a retail customer environment. Worked In-House at a FinTech or technology business. Worked in a high-growth scale-up environment. Experience of Financial Services regulation in Continental Europe would be beneficial. Qualified lawyer preferred but not essential.
First Interview and task - Your first interview will be with a Senior member of the Legal. It will be an opportunity for you to tell us about your experience and ask any questions you have about PrimaryBid and the role. Following this we will also ask you to complete a short task for us to assess the quality of your work.
Final Interview - If you are successful, we’ll invite you back for a final interview with two members of the team. We’ll ask you to talk us through your task and we can discuss any final questions you have.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair