PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
We are looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer to be a key member of the engineering team as we continue to expand. This individual will take responsibility for providing technical support to Engineering and the wider company
- First line of technical support within the company
- Manage the relationship with our IT provider
- Access Management: Manage access control of those that are here and perform regular checks
- Manage Google Workspace, groups, define usage policy guidelines, provide training
- Manage Slack access, usage policy, integrations, guide/train others
- Manage LastPass and deal with master password resets, disable MFA, organise and maintain shares
- On-call schedules - setting up rotations - ensure correct contact details in place
- Manage the intranet tooling (Confluence) and guide/train others
- Produce SaaS invoices on demand from accounts
- Manage the relationship with software vendors
- Manage integrations between SaaS products
- Manage licensing
- Manage joiners, leavers and define processes around that
- Work with head of security and devops to determine best practises for access control
- Support engineering with technical tooling
- Manage domain purchases, renewals, reporting statements to finance
- Manage bank card changes across all payables
- Manage hardware orders in conjunction with our IT provider
- Manage App Store and Play Store accounts
- Ensuring that incidents and post mortems are completed
- Handle Takeout and Wipeout requests
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems a plus
- Research into new tooling and migrations
- Coding to API where necessary to automate tooling (this can be taught but it’s an opportunity to get into coding in an enterprise environment)
- Build and manage equipment lists
You will be successful in the role if you
- can deal with queries promptly and effectively
- can make yourself and others more efficient
- proactively deal with change
- enjoy continuous learning
- have an appetite for growth
- have an interest in code
A day in the life of a Technical Support Engineer
A Day in the life of a Technical Support Engineer will involve dealing with issues staff have access to systems, showing them how to use the wide range of tooling we employ - learning that tooling inside out. Building both manual and automated processes to make teams are more efficient and acting upon the outputs of that tooling proactively. You will liaise with every member of staff.
To be completed by the Talent Team
Pre-screening Questions - Once you’ve applied for the role, we will ask you to complete a set of 3 pre-screening questions to help us assess your initial suitability for the role.
Technical Interview - Once you’ve been shortlisted, we will invited you for a technical interview that will be with 2 members of the technology team, since we don’t have an in-house IT function as yet.
This interview is as much an opportunity for you to understand more about the role and the plans for the business as much as us digging deeper into your experience.
Final Interview - If all goes well at the technical interview, we invite you to meet some members of the leadership team.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair