PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.  

PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies. 

PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.

A little about the role

Our Product team sits at the intersection of finance and technology, working cross functional, you’ll be building products that bring communities and companies together. As a Product Manager you will work relentlessly on improving the experience of our users, both internal and external. Our Product Managers have the drive to work in an established financial system whilst strategically crafting a new narrative for the industry from within. As a Product Manager you will have the opportunity to deliver world-first financial products, such as our proprietary IPO product that is the first “integrated IPO platform”. You will spend your time deeply understanding user needs/behavior through data, strategically planning the value and implementation of features and then ‘launch & iterating’ products for real users to engage with.

Key Responsibilities 

• Work cross functional across; commercial, data, communications, design & engineering teams to build a product that is feasible, valuable and scalable
  • Work on both building new processes whilst refining existing frameworks as we scale our users, features and territories
  • Establish a product vision that serves the most pressing needs of our users, both internal and external
  • Working with third party issuers to deliver groundbreaking fundraises using technology and communication to craft their product narrative
  • Work on new features in verticals including ESG, thematic investment, index tracking, content streams or social
  • You’ll disrupt yourself and everything around you, everyday should feel like day 1

You will be successful in the role if you:

• Bachelors or Masters degree (or equivalent experience in a fast paced tech company)
  • You have worked with engineers, in engineering led environments and understand software development lifecycles
  • 3+ years of experience launching high quality consumer products / b2b SaaS / enterprise
  • You have an analytical mind, some data experience (eg: SQL) and with Data viz tools (Tableau, Lookr, Data Studio)
  • Highly collaborative person comfortable working cross functional with internal and external stakeholders to define product function and roll out
  • You focus on delivering data driven product definition through business insight, user research and intuition
  • Ruthless about prioritisation and have a bias for action
  • Ability to craft an engaging narrative, use data to scope the implementation strategy for roll-out and a clear understanding of the metrics required to measure success
  • You want to build an industry changing product in an ego-free environment
  • Bonus points: Computer science / engineering background, worked at a FinTech or technology business, worked in a high-growth scale-up environment

A day in the life of a Product Manager

My role is very diversified and never 2 days are ever the same!! I start the day usually in a stand up with my tech team who are helping to deliver some of the core infrastructure product releases.  This is a great start to the day and often forms the basis of what needs to be done to get the projects in flight, completed and iron out any blockers. My role in any product release is to provide comprehensive requirements and analysis, translate them into jira tickets for the team and to unblock or solve any problems that may arise.  I also ensure work that has been completed is tested before it gets released to QA and into production. I also provide support to BAU deals as a product representative with the sole aim to solve customer problems and to ensure the BAU deals are operating smoothly.  I love what I do due to the varied nature of the role and most of all I enjoy working with the wider PB cross functional team in helping to improve infrastructure and scale the business. Seeing my products and projects come to fruition is thoroughly rewarding in itself if not the journey being often stressful - Malini Chambers, Product Manager      

Interview Process

First Stage

Once you have submitted your cv, you will be contacted for a first interview with a member of the Product team, this will be more of an introduction call to get to know you better and give you an opportunity to get know us a little more!

Case Study Interview/Final Interview

If you are shortlisted, we will send you a case study 4 days before the interview. You need to present your ideas to the Chief Product Officer, Head of Programme Management and a Product Manager. This call will be an hour long wherein there will deep dive into your experience a little more. this interview will give you a good idea of what's it like to work at PrimaryBid, sneak peak into our team and culture. So come with a lots of questions for this interview!

What we offer you in return

• Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech  
  • Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
  • An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
  • Flexible hours and remote working options
  • A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
  • Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
  • Competitive salary
  • 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
  • Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
  • Cycle to work scheme
  • Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device 
  • Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair

Apply for this Job

* Required