PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
We are looking to hire a Senior SDET to be a key member of the quality assurance team as we continue to expand. This individual will take responsibility for mobile automation cycle for the our PrimaryBid App. It is a really closely knit team with a mission to provide high quality software solution that will directly contribute to the mission of PrimaryBid i.e. to provide a fair, inclusive and transparent process to the retail investors to the public market.
About the role
- Tests complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
- Create and maintain automated test cases, execute test suites, review and diagnose reported bugs, and ensure overall system quality prior to a release.
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback
- Work with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
- Work closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
- Work cross functional areas with other internal engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Estimate own testing tasks and work productively with minimum supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
- Represent team leadership and provide technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
You will be successful in the role if you
Atleast 5 year experience in mobile test automation using tools like appium/detox
- Have hands-on experience in test automation using Cypress/WebdriverIO
- Have the ability to develop test scripts in typescript
- Are experienced in testing API is required
- Are experienced with databases and SQL
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyse complex problems in large systems.
- Have Experience with Test processes, open-source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in typescript with BDD frameworks like Cucumber. ● Must be detail oriented, analytical and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation.
- Have strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Have experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure project deliverables.
- Have experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and GitLab. ● Team player - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
- Have an ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, but question whether we've asked you the right question or if it could be done a better way
Nice to have:
- Worked at a FinTech or technology business
- Worked in a high-growth scale-up environment
A day in the life of a Senior SDET
My day is usually a pretty mixed bag of affairs, I participate in my team’s daily standup which involves discussing work that needs to be done, blockers around getting said work complete, organising application releases (involving product manager, DevOps and the Tech Lead of the team if needed). I also spend time speaking with various colleagues around tickets that are being worked on to get an understanding of testing that needs to be carried out and discussions around automating the end to end testing process of the work in the ticket. On various days, I put together tickets and information around a release for the application and communicate with various stakeholders and business users to provide information on what the release will contain and what is needed for feature X to work. From time to time, I also orchestrate mass testing efforts for bigger aspects of the application under test.
The company culture here is a magnet that pulls me out of bed every morning. Everyone has a common goal and is willing to help and advise where needed. Testing is seen as a key part of releases and the entire team helps facilitate this and asks relevant questions around testing, automation and releases processes from a QA point of view allowing me to be a subject matter expert in my field. Regardless of remote working, everyone always seems engaged and friendly with plenty of non-work related talk and people chatting about personal experiences and providing an overall human touch to the geographical restrictions we face as a remote-working organisation
- Umar Kayani, Senior SDET
Pre-screening Questions - Once you’ve applied for the role, we will ask you to complete a set of 3 pre-screening questions to help us assess your initial suitability for the role.
Technical Interview - Once you’ve been shortlisted, we will invited you for a technical interview that will be with 2 senior members of the technology team.
This interview is as much an opportunity for you to understand more about the role and the plans for the business as much as us digging deeper into your experience.
Technical Task - If you are at successful at the technical interview stage, we invite yo to complete our bespoke technical task, giving you a deadline of 4 days to complete it. We try our best to send it to you on a Friday, giving you the weekend to work on it.
Final Interview - If all goes well at the technical interview, we invite you to meet our CTO, Aaron Robinson. Aaron loves to be challenged, so please come prepared with lots of interesting questions!
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair