PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the role:
- Support the General Counsel on strategic matters, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and identifying legal risks
- Liaise with specialist external counsel in relation to the development of new products and expansion into new markets
- Provide advice on a wide range of regulatory and commercial matters, in conjunction with external counsel where appropriate, including in relation to the FCA Handbook, MiFID II, data privacy (DPA, GDPR, PECR), employment and other matters
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts, including capital raising transaction documentation based on our transaction templates
- Provide guidance and legal support to ensure that the firm has strong governance and operational resilience practices in place
- Draft policies and procedures alongside the Compliance function
- Contribute to legal and regulatory education through bespoke training and raising awareness
- Prepare regulatory notifications and filings in conjunction with the Compliance function
- Contribute to responses to any FCA requests in conjunction with Compliance function
- Ad-hoc legal and regulatory tasks
You will be successful in the role if you:
- Have at least 4-7 years of PQE
- You will either come from a general corporate/corporate finance background or an Equity Capital Markets background
- Team player - we are a collaborative team, so it’s important that you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
- Attention to detail - you value getting things right and be above and beyond in looking at the details
- Ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, but question whether we've asked you the right question or if it could be done a better way
- Think outside the box - we are a young, innovative business constantly breaking new ground in the way we do things. You will need to ability to think creatively to apply law and regulation to what we are doing
- (Desirable) Worked In-House at a FinTech or technology business. Worked In-House in a high-growth scale-up environment.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."