PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
We are looking to hire an Operations Control Analyst to be a key member of the Operations Control team as we continue to expand. The team is split between London and Scotland and while most are WFH full time, office space is available in London if needed.
A little about the role
This post holder will have responsibility for a number of pre and post trade control and reconciliation related activities that cover the full life cycle of a trade and will see them interacting with all members of the Operations team as well as with the wider company.
- Live deal support and control activities
- Post deal activities
- Order analysis
- Refund processing
- Trade booking at our custodian to include cash and stock
- Oversight of BAU trade functions i.e checking/fails
- Deal P&L to include calculating Payments to Issuers
- Deal KPI Production
- Bank Reconciliations in line with UK CASS requirements
- Stock Reconciliations
- Month End reporting
We will love to hear from you if you
- Reliable team player
- Have Good attention to detail
- Are proactive, flexible approach to working
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have Sound management skills
- Self-motivated and high integrity
- Can cope well under pressure and can deliver to deadlines
- Have good time management skills
- Have good relationship building skills; with both internal and external parties
- Are commercially aware
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Have advanced Excel skills to basic Macro Level
- Flexibility is required in order to assist in the various areas of the Operations department as and when required to carry out administrative tasks, for example during periods where volumes are high or in the event of unexpected staff absences.
A day in the life of an Operations Analyst
A typical day starts with running the daily reconciliation process for both the Client Money and the stock that we hold, liaising with the wider Ops team if any discrepancies are found. I will then calculate and communicate any payments to the team or advise on any stock settlements due that day and manage the process throughout the day to ensure payments are made correctly and on time. On deal days, it is my job to ensure that the order book is reconciled to the General Ledgers and that all orders are correctly recorded. Once a deal has closed, I am responsible for calculating the allocations and any refunds necessary, as well as communicating this to the brokers and customers involved. I then outline the required stock transfers to the Transfers team and ensure that all transactions are correctly reported to the regulator via the Unavista portal. I love my job because I have the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects of a deal, from start to finish, as well as liaising with many different teams to ensure things run smoothly. I enjoy the responsibility that the role brings, and how fast-paced and varied each day can be - Hannah Jackson, Operations Analyst
First Interview and task - Your first interview will be an opportunity for you to tell us about your experience and ask any questions you have about PrimaryBid and the role. Following this we will also ask you to complete a short task for us to assess the quality of your work.
Final Interview - If you are successful, we’ll invite you back for a final interview with two members of the team. We’ll ask you to talk us through your task and we can discuss any final questions you have.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair