PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
We are looking to hire a Principal Mobile Engineer to be a key member of the software development team as we continue to expand. This individual will take responsibility for full software cycle for the our PrimaryBid App. It is a really closely knit team with a mission to provide high quality software solution that will directly contribute to the mission of PrimaryBid i.e. to provide a fair, inclusive and transparent process to the retail investors to the public market.
About the role
What are we looking for and what’s interesting?
- Mobile developer with a wealth of experience of delivering world class mobile applications across both Android and iOS.
- Team player - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
- Attention to detail - you value getting things right and be above and beyond in looking at the details
- Ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, but question whether we've asked you the right question or if it could be done a better way
- Able to work in a fast paced, fluid environment as we respond to the markets
- Experience building out high volume, reliable, push notification solutions
- Experience building out solutions that allow for analysis of usage
- Experience integrating with third party services such as payments and customer due diligence
- Familiarity with both REST and GraphQL
- Experience working with and managing both play store and app store accounts, managing certificate renewals, security policy questionnaires etc
- Testflight, codepush and the implications
Nice to have:
- Worked at a FinTech or technology business
- Worked in a high-growth scale-up environment
- NodeJS development
- Web Development
To be completed by the Talent Team
Pre-screening Questions - Once you’ve applied for the role, we will ask you to complete a set of 3 pre-screening questions to help us assess your initial suitability for the role.
Technical Interview - Once you’ve been shortlisted, we will invited you for a technical interview that will be with 2 senior members of the technology team.
This interview is as much an opportunity for you to understand more about the role and the plans for the business as much as us digging deeper into your experience.
Technical Task - If you are at successful at the technical interview stage, we invite yo to complete our bespoke technical task, giving you a deadline of 4 days to complete it. We try our best to send it to you on a Friday, giving you the weekend to work on it.
Final Interview - If all goes well at the technical interview, we invite you to meet our CTO, Aaron Robinson. Aaron loves to be challenged, so please come prepared with lots of interesting questions!
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."