PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
We are looking to expand the Commercial team due to the exponential growth here at PrimaryBid. Hence looking to hire a Commercial Strategy Associate/Manager to be key members of the 3rd-Party Partners commercial function which we are rapidly expanding. Our Partners include intermediaries such as neo-brokers, large brokerage firms, wealth managers, hedge funds and discretionary funds.
We have built a market-leading API product, which we are now taking to partners globally.
About the role
- Analysing B2B2C strategic opportunities which involve building Partnerships across our core market in the UK and abroad
- Perform deep market / internal qualitative and quantitative research
- Provide analytical support, including financial / customer analysis and modelling, to support the full-lifecycle of onboarding Partners through our API or Portal product, through a combination of internal and external research, customer interviews, analysis and strategic projects
- Build and provide planning to cross-functional teams on the execution of an implementation or work plan
- Conduct primary and secondary research to assess product feature-set in order to generate relevant Product feedback
- Working closely with our Partner Success team to generate, gather and action Partner feedback
- Periodically review our existing Partner portfolio and analyse performance of partnerships, whilst identifying new opportunities for growth through either Product or Commercial decisions
- Support business development by identifying new partners through market research, identifying expected needs, and creating relevant collateral to inform partner conversations
- Design, build and maintain weekly / monthly reporting tools to measure function commercial and product performance and health in order to support decision-making by leadership; provide commentary on reported performance to surface meaningful insight
- Build playbooks and collateral to drive commercial outcomes and improve existing processes
You will be successful in the role if you:
- 3-5 years at a management consulting firm, venture capital fund, or a strategy role at a technology company
- Robust qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and a strong business sense
- Comfortable with commercial analysis, manipulating large sets of data and able to clearly communicate key insights to senior stakeholders
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset to take problems and go end-to-end, distilling complex issues into structured frameworks and solving systematically
- Experience leading workstreams / managing external stakeholders and working in cross-functional teams
- Advanced Excel skills, including use of index match, pivot tables, arrays etc
- Ideally some experience with SQL
- Some exposure to FinTech, Financial Services is desirable but not critical
- European language desirable but not critical e.g. German, Dutch, French, Italian
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work (which you always deliver) and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of PrimaryBid.
- Communicates openly with team members and customers
- Embraces a feedback-driven culture to continuously improve
- Willing to work above and beyond to grow the business
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly analytical and a data-explorer
- Comfortable working independently and structured project teams
- Enjoy executing - Have a desire to translate strategy into execution, and want to build something from scratch
- A scrappy and hustling mentality, willing to do hard work to get the job done
A day in the life of a Commercial Strategy Associate
Every day will be highly variable in this role depending on what project you are working on. You’ll likely start the day with a stand-up with the core team to align on priorities for the week and progress. You update the group on your core priority; wrapping up a market analysis project to identify new customers.
You’ve found from your market mapping several potential large customers/partners that you think Partner Success should reach out to. Alongside your analysis of the expected business case for this partnership, you realise you need to assess the product/engineering uplift needed.
Just before lunch, you grab an hour with the Product Manager to understand the current roadmap and what’s critical to this partner, eventually arriving at a defined feature-set and how to position the product at the initial pitch.
After lunch, you join the Business Development team on the pitch with the potential partner. We get many questions about the expected benefit of the product. Your takeaway from that is we need better sales collateral. You make a note as you leave work to spend time with Partner Success Lead and Marketing Manager the next day to refine our deck and to identify any case studies from other partners we can add in. You leave to join the team for an evening cocktail at a new bar in the area, conscious you might struggle for the group HIIT class at 7:30 the next morning!
First Interview and task - Your first interview will be with the co-leads of the new 3P function it will be an opportunity for you to tell us about your experience and ask any questions you have about PrimaryBid and the role. Following this we will also ask you to complete a short task for us to assess the quality of your work.
Second Interview- If you are successful, we’ll invite you back for a final interview with a few senior members of the 3P team. We’ll ask you to talk us through your task and we can discuss any final questions you have.
Final Interview - This is an opportunity for you to meet the Executive members of our team. The leadership team love to be challenged, please come prepared with lots of questions!
Depending on timing and urgency of the role, stages may get merged together.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."