PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team
We are looking to hire a Senior Talent Associate to be a key member of the fast growing Talent function. You will be playing a key role in partnering with the business to meet their hiring needs. The talent function is newly established and we have ambitious plans to implement some of the best practice methodologies over the next 12-18 months.We are currently a team of 2 and looking to double that in the next few months. We would love to hear from you, if you have the passion and motivation to truly make a difference.
About the role
This role will play an integral part in strategising on the talent projects that are in the pipeline. They will be working closely with the Talent Lead on the various initiatives at play. Since we are growing so quickly, there is also a heavy element of hands on recruitment that needs to be done for the Design, Product and Commercial team, which includes a few marketing roles. Ideally, this role is a 50-50 split between hands on recruitment and strategic projects, but this will vary based on the pressing needs of the business.
- Have at 3-5 years of recruitment experience working in-house
- Experience working with an ATS & Onboarding software
- A true Diversity champion- someone who understands the value it brings and can help us achieve our goals
- Team player - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
- You have experience in using data to influence stakeholders
- You enjoy working with technology and enjoy learning about new tools
- Worked at a Technology or FinTech business
- You are confident working on technology roles and being able to confidently present a shortlist of candidates to senior leaders
- Have experience of working in a start-up or scale- up environment, as we're looking for someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and get involved in as many things as possible with the intention to contribute and learn!
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work (which you always deliver) and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of PrimaryBid.
- Communicates openly with team members and customers
- Embraces a feedback-driven culture to continuously improve
- Willing to work above and beyond to grow the business
- Comfortable with data and ambiguity
- Comfortable working independently and structured project teams
- Enjoy executing - Have a desire to translate strategy into execution, and want to build something from scratch
- A scrappy and hustling mentality, willing to do hard work to get the job done
Day in the life of a Talent Associate
Every day will be highly variable in this role depending on what project you are working on. You’ll likely start the day with a stand-up with some of the key stakholders such as the CTO, Product Team members to align on priorities for the week and progress. You update the group on your core priorities and discuss any blockers you may have.
Another part of your day will heavily involve working on our super cool new ATS, Greenhouse, being the site admin for it, you will be managing all the applications coming through for the roles you are working on, scheduling interviews through it (most of it is automated) and guiding hiring teams with any issues or help they need with Greenhouse. Since we're moving to a hybrid sourcing model, you will spend a few hours of the week (to begin with) on sourcing for critical roles that have been difficult to fill or have a dry pipeline in spite of the current sources that have been use for it and slowly working your way through building data insight reports for our hiring leads to help us make better hiring decisions and plans.
You will also be spending sometime everyday building relationship with various member of the PrimaryBid team, you are the (one of the)face of the talent team therefore it's really critical to get to know as many people in the business and becoming the go to person for your area of expertise.
If you happen to be in office, you leave to join the team for an evening cocktail at a new bar in the area, conscious you might struggle for the group HIIT class at 7:30 the next morning!
First Interview and task - Your first interview will be the Talent Lead, it will be an opportunity for you to tell us about your experience and ask any questions you have about PrimaryBid and the role.
Second Interview- If you are successful, we’ll invite you back for a second interview with a few members of the People team. We’ll ask you to talk us through your task and we can discuss any final questions you have.
Final Interview - This is an opportunity for you to meet the Executive members of our team. The leadership team love to be challenged, please come prepared with lots of questions!
Depending on timing and urgency of the role, stages may get merged together.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."