PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
We are looking to hire an Origination Analyst to be a key member of the Revenue team as we continue to expand. This individual will support the preparation of communications for IPOs and placings for the public, and be involved in the origination of new deals.
Work within the Revenue team to support the preparation of public communications for IPOs and placings, by liaising directly with companies, legal counsel and PR teams. Communications regularly include writing engaging emails and social media content using the company prospectus and presentations. You should have an understanding of qualitative and quantitative aspects of companies, so that you can present what retail investors are looking for in an effective manner. You will also work with the Marketing and Design teams to develop communications into creative assets.
- Articulate qualitative and quantitative company information in an engaging and creative manner designed for retail investors
- Work directly with companies in the pre-IPO phase to craft communications for their communities and retail investors
- Liaise with internal teams (Product, Legal, Marketing, Design) to ensure that communications for company fundraisings are clear, accurate and compliant
- Think of new ways to present qualitative and quantitative company information over email, social media, digital advertisements, video and more
- Review past deal communications and report performance internally
You will be successful in the role if you have
- An interest in financial markets and companies
- The ability to analyse and explain the performance of individual companies, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organisation skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal
A day in the life of an Origination Analyst
Liaising with companies directly and reviewing their offer documents to determine both qualitative and quantitative aspects of the equity story that would be of interest to retail investors. Repackaging long-form and often legal copy into communication formats that are more suitable and engaging for the public, and working with Marketing and Design teams to execute this. Working closely with the Origination team to pitch for new deals.
First Interview and task - Your first interview will be with the members of the Revenue team, it will be an opportunity for you to tell us about your experience and ask any questions you have about PrimaryBid and the role. Following this we will also ask you to complete a short task for us to assess the quality of your work.
Second Interview- If you are successful, we’ll invite you back for a second interview with a few senior members of the Revenue team. We will ask you to talk us through your task and we can discuss any final questions you have.
Final Interview - This is an opportunity for you to meet the Executive members of our team. The leadership team love to be challenged, please come prepared with lots of questions!
Depending on timing and urgency of the role, stages may get merged together.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."