PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
About the role
This role reports into the Financial Controller, we are looking to hire a Purchase & Sales ledger and Banking clerk to be a member of the Group Finance Team as we continue to expand. Currently two legal entities in the group with further entities/branches on the horizon.
Purchase Ledger Duties
- Entering Purchase invoices and expense claims (including inter-company invoices) into the NetSuite accounting system
- Preparing invoices for authorisation. The process is currently manual with the aim in the next couple of months to fully implement an automated approval flow via NetSuite
- Completing the weekly payment runs mainly via the current automated NetSuite banking payment files with some manual payments directly entered into the Barclays and BNP Paribas banking systems. On occasion urgent payments may arise which may need to be turned around on the same day
- Monthly Supplier statement reconciliations
- Daily review of NetSuite’s trade creditors ageing
- Maintaining detailed process notes of all procedures
- Processing the Group’s purchase requirements such as stationery, office subsistence etc
- Importing bank statements into NetSuite
- Daily reconciliation of bank transactions
- Any other banking duties that may arise
Sales Ledger Duties
- Weekly review of NetSuite’s trade debtors ageing
- Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc tasks as required
- Manages own workload effectively
- Strong organisational skills and an analytical mind
- Meticulous attention to detail - you value getting things right and be above and beyond in looking at the details
- Excellent data entry detail
- Highly organised and a flexible team player with the ability to work proactively - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
- You put data at the heart of everything you do
- You have a process-focused aptitude
- You are comfortable working both independently and with a team
- You know how to prioritise your time
What a typical day could look like?
A typical day starts with running the daily bank reconciliation process and processing purchase invoices. You will liaise with the various teams if there are any questions to help with this. The role also involves ordering anything from coffee to IT equipment and one of the best parts is you get to own the processes and put your own stamp on things 😊!!
First Interview and task - Your first interview will be with the Financial controller, it will be an opportunity for you to tell us about your experience and ask any questions you have about PrimaryBid and the role. Following this we will also ask you to complete a short task for us to assess the quality of your work.
Second Interview- If you are successful, we’ll invite you back for a final interview with a few senior members of the Finance team3P team. There could be a task/assignment for you at this tage.
People Interview - This is an opportunity for you to meet the members of our People team, who you will be working closely with.
Depending on timing and urgency of the role, stages may get merged together.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."