PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
We are looking to hire a Partner Success Lead to be a key member of the 3rd-Party Partners commercial function which we are rapidly expanding. Our Partners include intermediaries such as neo-brokers, large brokerage firms and discretionary wealth managers.
About the role
- Bring on new accounts: develop clear understanding of the ecosystem, help develop appropriate marketing material, promote the product offer and ultimately drive new business
- Manage existing accounts: build relationships with our partners, understand their characteristics and client profiles in order to effectively drive productivity and penetration
- Recognise points of customer friction so that solutions can be found
- Facilitate the execution of transactions and increase demand through close engagement with partners
- Be the internal advocate or “Voice of the Customer” on behalf of your accounts with all internal stakeholders - product, origination, executive team, operations, marketing
You will be successful in the role if you have:
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
- Independently managed medium to large accounts and demonstrated track record of delivering increased value (revenue booked / account penetration / new accounts onboarded)
- Some experience in financial markets
- You empathise with our partners, understand their business and want to help them grow with us
- You enjoy communicating with team members and customers
- You put data at the heart of everything you do
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work (which you always deliver) and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of PrimaryBid.
- Enjoy executing - Have a desire to translate strategy into execution, and want to build something from scratch
- A scrappy and hustling mentality, willing to do hard work to get the job done
- You know how to prioritise your time
- Embrace a feedback-driven culture to continuously improve
- Willing to work above and beyond to grow the business
A day in the life of a Partner Success Lead
Every day will be highly variable in this role depending on what project you are working on. You’ll likely start the day with a stand-up with the core team to align on priorities for the week and progress. You update the group on your most recent interactions with new and existing partners.
Using the ecosystem map provided by the Commercial Strategist has suggested several potential large customers/partners that you should reach out to. Alongside your analysis of the expected business case for this partnership, you realise you need to assess the product/engineering uplift needed. Your experience with existing partners provides valuable insight into what this new prospect might require.
Just before lunch, you grab an hour with the Product Manager to understand the current roadmap and what’s critical to this partner and how to position the product at the initial pitch.
After lunch, you prepare for a transaction that is due to launch in the afternoon. Recognising the characteristics of the deal, you examine historical data and build a mental map of who is likely to take part. Once the deal is launched, you engage with our key partners to ensure they have all the information and resources that they need.
A recent iteration of our product has delivered benefits but you see that a small point of friction is still to be solved. Your feedback to the rest of the team will drive further improvement. You leave to join the team for an evening cocktail at a new bar in the area, conscious you might struggle for the group HIIT class at 7:30 the next morning!
Interview ProcessTo be completed by the Talent Team
First Interview and task - Your first interview will be with the co-leads of the new 3P function; it will be an opportunity for you to tell us about your experience and ask any questions you have about PrimaryBid and the role. Following this we will also ask you to complete a short task for us to assess the quality of your work.
Second Interview - If you are successful, we’ll invite you back for a final interview with a few senior members of the 3P team. We’ll ask you to talk us through your task and we can discuss any final questions you have.
Final Interview - This is an opportunity for you to meet the Executive members of our team. The leadership team loves to be challenged, please come prepared with lots of questions!
Depending on timing and urgency of the role, stages may get merged together.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."