PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
What are we looking for and what’s interesting?
- PB is currently in early stages of building out the Finance team and scaling up at a global level. This role will provide exposure to various projects to achieve these goals
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and Income statement analysis
- Working with the Financial Controller in Business Partnering with all teams – to ensure accuracy and completeness of results and provide the Business with information as required
- Supporting the Accounts payable and Banking associate with day-to-day tasks
- Documenting and continual development of financial policies, procedures, internal controls and risk framework
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Supporting the audit preparation for year end filings under UK GAAP and French GAAP
- Supporting the enhancement of the recently implemented Netsuite accounting system
- Involvement in the Budgeting process
- Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc projects as required (e.g. new Finance tools)
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with 1-2 years PQE
- Good technical knowledge
- Manages own workload effectively
- Strong organisational skills and an analytical mind
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and numerical skills - you value getting things right and be above and beyond in looking at the details
- Highly organised and a flexible team player with the ability to work proactively - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
Nice to have:
- Worked in a high-growth scale-up environment
- Experience with Netsuite
A day in the life of…
A typical day starts with supporting the Accounts payable and Banking Associate and ensuring the daily bank reconciliation and purchase invoice processing is up to date. I get to own the processes and manage my workload so I can take each day as it comes and prioritise as needed. As the Company is scaling up, there are plenty of projects to get involved in as well to help achieve this.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."