PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team
We are looking for a Product Design Lead to join the amazing Design team, headed by Rory Woods. This team is instrumental in setting the tone for all things design. They work closely with various teams, including Marketing, People, Commercial and the Revenue team in order to get world class design out to both, our internal and external stakeholders. An extremely fun bunch of people who are passionate about what they do and are here to make a difference!
- Lead a team of Product Designers focused on evolving PrimaryBid’s flagship products in both B2C and B2B sectors.
- Work closely with the Head of Design to contribute towards strategic product and brand initiatives.
- Partner closely with Product, UX Research, Engineering and Marketing teams to ensure solutions balance user needs, business strategy and technical requirements.
- Work with Product and Engineering to streamline discovery and delivery in order ensure we build great experiences for our customers.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure that MVPs are well-defined and the design work is implemented to a high standard.
- Work with Product and UX Research to identify the best opportunities both to improve our current products and services and also create innovative new ones.
- Manage the continuous evolution and improvement of our design system, adhering to best practice and accessibility principles.
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive and accessible across the business.
You will be successful if you :
- Have 8+ years of experience in designing world-class complex commercial apps and platforms
- Have 3+ years of experience in managing a team of designers.
- Have a portfolio featuring high quality examples of product design outcomes which contribute to user experience and business value
- Have strong design skills across iOS, Android and web platforms
- Have strong UX focus and understanding of human behaviour
- Have experience of managing the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to beautiful interfaces;
- Have experience in building and iterating on a product or experience based on usage patterns, user feedback and an evolving strategic landscape.
- Have experience leading design sprints, ideation exercises and brainstorming sessions.
- Have the ability to balance between speed and quality, experiments in design.
- Have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions
- Have the ability to understand technical implications in your design decisions
- Have a vibrant and engaging visual design sense
- Have strong typography and brand design skills
- Have experience utilising quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product strategy and design direction.
Nice to have:
- Worked at a FinTech or technology business
- Worked in a high-growth scale-up environment
- Understanding of the retail landscape
This will be an initial screening call with the Head of Design to understand more about your experience and what you are looking for in the next role. It is also an opportunity for you to get to know the team, the business etc. Our hiring manager love it when a candidate comes prepared, hence we recommend you do your research on the company, the role etc.
This is an in-depth interview to talk at length about your experience with a few people from the design team. At this stage, you will also get to know about the potential projects you could be involved in. Every interview we conduct is an opportunity for you to assess the role, the business and the team and see how aligned it is with your career goals and plans, hence please do come prepared with lots of questions.
Final Interview - Values Interview
You will be meeting with some of the members of the PrimaryBid team. It is an informal call to for team members form other teams, who you will possibly working closely with to get to know you and the values you believe in. The objective of this interview is to understand if your values are aligned with that of the team and the company overall.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."