PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
We are looking to hire a Facilities Manager as we continue to expand. In the past 12 months we have grown from 30 to 100 employees and this growth will continue. For that reason we will be looking to move into a new office premise in 2022 from our current office in Mayfair and this individual will take responsibility for overseeing our transition to new office premises.
A little about the role
- To start this individual will research new office locations, conduct viewings, liaise directly with real estate brokers and negotiate the best tenancy agreement on behalf of the Company.
- You will be required to anticipate the facility needs of the organization, interfacing with various departments of the organization (IT/Finance/People/Admin) and a wide variety of external partners.
- The Facilities Manager will manage confidential information and will be expected to maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit discretion, good judgment and professionalism in all activities.
- Together with the People team, build a culture of belonging and collaborative environment among everyone that comes into the Primary Bid office space.
You will be successful in the role if
- You are organized and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-moving and rapidly changing environment.
- You can anticipate the needs of those within the office space and react quickly
- Minimum five years of office management/facilities work experience, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of managing and overseeing an office as well as contract and price negotiations with office vendors, and service providers
- Analyze spending trends; adapt/modify to increase cost-effectiveness and alignment with organizational values
- Manage office space including: overseeing seating assignments and space allocations, and basic décor
- Manage all central operations to include creation and/or maintenance of manuals, guides, protocols, systems, databases, technology, and other operational resources
- Passion and drive to create and engage in a culture of belonging
- Excellent professional judgment and comportment in both external and internal settings
- Speed and efficiency in performing tasks with the ability to absorb new information quickly
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, proactivity, and instincts for what would be helpful
- Proven ability to act with sound integrity, tact, and discretion as well as excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work with several stakeholders and adapt to each team
This will be an initial screening call to understand more about your experience and what you are looking for in the next role. It is also an opportunity for you to get to know the team, the business etc. Our hiring manager loves it when a candidate comes prepared, hence we recommend you do your research on the company, the role etc.
This is an in-depth interview to talk at length about your experience with a few people from the team. At this stage, you will also get to know about the potential projects you could be involved in. Every interview we conduct is an opportunity for you to assess the role, the business and the team and see how aligned it is with your career goals and plans, hence please do come prepared with lots of questions.
Final Interview - Values Interview
You will be meeting with some of the members of the PrimaryBid team. It is an informal call to for team members form other teams, who you will possibly working closely with to get to know you and the values you believe in. The objective of this interview is to understand if your values are aligned with that of the team and the company overall.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."