PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the role
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Product Designer to join our rapidly expanding team. As a Product Designer at PrimaryBid you’ll be involved in every step of the product process from concept through to delivery, ongoing testing and iteration.
We acknowledge domain expertise and actively empower our team to give them ownership over their work. As such you must have the ability to clearly articulate and stand up for your decisions while still being capable of taking on-board the opinions and feedback of others.
You’ll be able to work autonomously when necessary but thrive in a collaborative working environment where everyone is on a continuous learning curve.
You’ll need courage to make decisions that go against convention and break new ground and as we’re a high velocity start-up, you’ll need a sense of humor when the stakes are high.
- Working with the wider team to create solutions for both customer and business needs
- Supporting with the creation of new features and tools for a unique fintech business
- Creating clickable prototypes for user testing and concept validation
- Contributing to the development of a world class design system from the ground up.
- Creating high fidelity designs for implementation.
- Liaising with developers and QA testers to ensure designs are built and delivered to design specifications
- Providing development teams with support and guidance to help follow design standards and UX best practices
You will be successful if you :
- 4+ years of experience designing products in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Experience designing for both web platforms and native app (android & iOS)
- Ability to design for web standards and browser/device capabilities and limitations
- Expert with Sketch/Craft and Invision.
- Strong with Adobe CS and prototyping software such as Prototpie.
- Strong technical design skills with a good eye for typography, grids and space.
- Portfolio featuring detailed examples of design work with accompanying rationale
- The ability to take ownership of projects and work in a self-directed yet collaborative manner
- The ability to articulate your design thinking and decision making
- Solid understanding of UX best practice and human behaviour
- Experience building design systems and UI toolkits
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Nice to have
- Experience in financial services
- Experience with setting up and running user testing sessions
A day in the life of a designer in PrimaryBid.
Not every day in PrimaryBid are the same. Some of them are quite busy and "on fire" others more relaxed. In both situations, it is always a pleasure and the pace of work is very good.
Usually we start the week with a company update call where we have a chance to raise questions to the founding team which is followed by two design weekly calls.
The collaboration with other departments is very engaging, and gives us enough time for work on the daily tasks in the quiet of your house, coffeeshop or in the Mayfair office. ,Ermanno Fissore, Product Designer
This will be an initial screening call with the Head of Design to understand more about your experience and what you are looking for in the next role. It is also an opportunity for you to get to know the team, the business etc. Our hiring manager love it when a candidate comes prepared, hence we recommend you do your research on the company, the role etc.
This is an in-depth interview to talk at length about your experience with a few people from the design team. At this stage, you will also get to know about the potential projects you could be involved in. Every interview we conduct is an opportunity for you to assess the role, the business and the team and see how aligned it is with your career goals and plans, hence please do come prepared with lots of questions.
Final Interview - Values Interview
You will be meeting with some of the members of the PrimaryBid team. It is an informal call to for team members form other teams, who you will possibly working closely with to get to know you and the values you believe in. The objective of this interview is to understand if your values are aligned with that of the team and the company overall.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."