PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
As a critical member of the PrimaryBid Programme Management Team you are committed to “Aligning early and often, always being ready to pivot, and driving success through process and collaboration”. This role reports directly to the Head of Programme Management and works closely with the International Expansion team.
You will align various parts of the company around critical timelines, maintain and ensure communication and escalation of changes to those timelines, and generate processes to increase efficiency across the company. You must be highly collaborative; partnering across the product, engineering, sales, regulatory, and operations teams - finding inefficiencies, gaps in communication, and missing pieces - bringing them together to deliver on company wide impacting initiatives.
A little about the role
We are looking to hire a Programme Manager International to be a key member of the Programme Management team as we continue to expand. Our team consists of people with different career backgrounds and capabilities but we all make sure Programme Management is at the core of what we do.
Programme Managers are enablers across a horizontal project. They focus on a single, relatively large company-wide, project with their primary focus on alignment of timelines, escalations, and communication. They will often be the most “visible” person on a single project as they are the go to person for status updates or making connections between different teams. While not responsible for the definition of the actual project, they are responsible for ensuring that definition is easily accessible by all parties and facilitate communication of material changes. They are highly collaborative but process driven individuals with a Get It Done attitude and a good intuition for what is achievable by all parts of the company. They eat, breath, sleep the saying “Align early and often, always be ready to pivot, and drive success through process and collaboration”.
- Drive XFN collaboration, ensuring various parts of the company are kept up to date and have an avenue/process to communicate as projects are progressing.
- Escalate material changes to any part of a project to the appropriate people - often pulling in various stakeholders, keeping them on track, and delivering the output of the decision to those who need the information.
- Owning a Programme lifecycle end to end, that includes identifying which teams would be impacted and who within those teams are in a critical path.
- Writing and maintaining Programme timelines and ensuring it aligns with product roadmaps and other departments within the company.
You will be successful in the role if
- You have over five years of experience working within a Programme management team focused on keeping a rapidly growing company aligned.
- You have launched a service or product in multiple geographies before and have a sense of the importance of scaling.
- You have worked with a variety of teams in the past ranging from regulatory to marketing to engineering. Have a sense of software development lifecycles as well as operational release processes.
- You have experience creating and maintaining complex timelines that span multiple disciplines.
- You have an analytical mind and have used a wide range of tools for tracking process and progress (Microsoft Project, JIRA, Confluence).
- You make high quality decisions at speed taking into account dedication of time, resources, and available data.
- You are a strong team player.
A day in the life of a Project Manager
My role is very diversified and never 2 days are ever the same!! I start the day usually in a stand up with my tech team who are helping to deliver some of the core infrastructure product releases. This is a great start to the day and often forms the basis of what needs to be done to get the projects in flight, completed and iron out any blockers. My role in any product release is to provide comprehensive requirements and analysis, translate them into jira tickets for the team and to unblock or solve any problems that may arise. I also ensure work that has been completed is tested before it gets released to QA and into production. I also provide support to BAU deals as a product representative with the sole aim to solve customer problems and to ensure the BAU deals are operating smoothly. I love what I do due to the varied nature of the role and most of all I enjoy working with the wider PB cross functional team in helping to improve infrastructure and scale the business. Seeing my products and projects come to fruition is thoroughly rewarding in itself if not the journey being often stressful. Malini Chambers
First Stage - Video call
This will be an initial screening call with a member of the Product team to understand more about your experience and what you are looking for in the next role. It is also an opportunity for you to get to know the team, the business etc. Our hiring manager's love it when a candidate comes prepared, hence we recommend you do your research on the company, the role etc.
Case Study Interview
If you are shortlisted, we will send you a case study 4 days before the interview. You need to present your ideas to the Chief Product Officer, Head of Programme Management and a Product Manager. This call will be an hour long wherein there will deep dive into your experience a little more. this interview will give you a good idea of what's it like to work at PrimaryBid, sneak peak into our team and culture. So come with a lots of questions for this interview!
Final Interview - Values Interview
You will be meeting with some of the members of the PrimaryBid team. It is an informal call to for team members form other teams, who you will possibly working closely with to get to know you and the values you believe in. The objective of this interview is to understand if your values are aligned with that of the team and the company overall.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."