PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 200 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
Programme Managers are enablers across horizontal projects. They focus on multiple, relatively large company-wide, programmes of work. Their primary focus must be on alignment of timelines, escalations, and communication. They will often be the most “visible” person on a programme of projects as they are the go to person for status updates or making connections between different teams. While not responsible for the definition of the actual projects, they are responsible for ensuring that definition is easily accessible by all parties and facilitate communication of material changes. They are highly collaborative but process driven individuals with a Get It Done attitude and a good intuition for what is achievable by all parts of the company. They eat, breath, sleep the saying “Align early and often, always be ready to pivot, and drive success through process and collaboration”.
A little about the role
We are looking to hire a Programme Manager Marketing & Design to be a key member of the Programme Management team as we continue to expand. This individual will take responsibility for the end to end Programme Management for the Marketing & Design teams. The Marketing and Design teams are critical to the success of PrimaryBid. Their work strongly influences what our customers see and experience, which is a critical part of what forms their opinion of our product. As a Programme Manager you will support both teams in prioritising projects, BAU work and Ad Hoc requests that come in on a daily basis.
You must be highly collaborative; partnering across the all teams including product, engineering, sales, regulatory, and operations teams - finding inefficiencies, gaps in communication, and missing pieces - bringing them together to deliver on company wide impacting initiatives.
- Support the execution of both the Marketing and Design teams critical projects through building a plan, timeline, roadmap and setting clear deliverables.
- Drive XFN collaboration, ensuring various parts of the company are kept up to date and have an avenue/process to communicate as projects are progressing.
- Escalate material changes to any part of a project to the appropriate people - often pulling in various stakeholders, keeping them on track, and delivering the output of the decision to those who need the information.
- Owning a Programme lifecycle end to end, that includes identifying which teams would be impacted and who within those teams are in a critical path.
- Working with all teams within the business to successfully run a Programme that will improve and scale PrimaryBids end to end service and platform.
You will be successful in the role if
- Have experience in or strong affinity with Marketing and Design roles and understand the skills required to be a successful Programme Manager.
- Are a Team player - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
- Have attention to detail - you value getting things right and be above and beyond in looking at the details
- Have an Ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, but question whether we've asked you the right question or if it could be done a better way
- Have around 5 years’ or more experience as a Programme Manager from (ideally) within a marketing services agency spanning an array of different project types and complexities.
- Have launched a service or product before and have a sense of the importance of scaling.
- Have worked with a variety of teams in the past ranging from regulatory to marketing to engineering.
- Have a sense of software development lifecycles as well as operational release processes.
- Have experience creating and maintaining complex timelines that span multiple disciplines and analyse dependencies.
- Have an analytical mind and have used a wide range of tools for tracking process and progress (ex: JIRA,MSP).
- Make high quality decisions at speed taking into account dedication of time, resources, and available data.
A day in the life of a member of your team.
On a typical day as Head of Programme Management at PrimaryBid I start my day with checking in with my colleagues and my emails. As we are mostly working remotely, the normal hello in the morning is now replaced by an online one, which is equally important! The day then continues with meetings that are focussed on how programmes and projects are progressing, a few 1-1 to hash out further details on a programme/project that we are scoping out and potentially some working group sessions where subject matter experts work together on a specific topic. We might have an escalation call if something is delayed or goes wrong, and I tend to have about 1-2 hours to dedicate myself to get some work done that others need me to do to progress on their side. Due to the nature of my role I am lucky enough to meet and work with people across the business all week long. One day I will be working with Marketing on material for an IPO, the other day I will sit down with the Product Managers and Technical Leads to see how we can improve our Internal Products.
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."