PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 200 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
A little about the team who you will be working with
We are looking to hire a Senior Mobile Engineer to be a key member of the software development team, as we continue to expand. This individual will work across the full software delivery lifecycle for the PrimaryBid App. There is also the opportunity to work across the full PrimaryBid stack, if desirable. It is a closely knit team with a mission to provide high quality software solutions that will directly contribute to the mission of PrimaryBid - to provide a fair, inclusive and transparent process for retail investors in the public market.
About the role
You will be successful in the role if:
- You are a Mobile developer with a wealth of experience of delivering world class mobile applications across both Android and iOS.
- You are a Team player - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs
- You are willing to learn and adapt - choosing the right tool for the job means you’re committed to exploring and applying new technologies
- You pay attention to the detail - you value getting things right and be above and beyond in looking at the details
- You have an Ownership mentality - don't just execute what's asked of you, but question whether we've asked you the right question or if it could be done a better way
- You are able to work in a fast paced, fluid environment as we respond to the markets
- Experience with Flutter/Dart is strongly desired but not required
- Experience with Swift/SwiftUI/Objective C or Java/Kotlin
- Knowledge of SOLID coding principles is a must
- Familiarity with REST APIs. Knowledge of GraphQL is also a bonus.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience integrating with third party services such as payments and customer due diligence platforms
- Experience working with and managing both play store and app store accounts, managing certificate renewals, taietc
Nice to have:
- Worked at a FinTech or technology business
- Worked in a high-growth scale-up environment
- Web Development
- NodeJS development
A day in the life of a Mobile Engineer
Our main focus is to provide a user friendly, secure mobile experience for our users. We work hard to implement useful, intelligent, and fun features to make the experience simple and powerful.
We take a measured approach to how we do things, so our processes usually involve working shoulder to shoulder with the business team, product people, designers, and fellow backend engineers to discuss how to best implement the next cool new feature.
We also make sure we have the right tool for the job, which means we’re constantly refactoring to improve our codebase and tooling to keep it up-to-date, and to utilise the latest technologies. That way we are able to take full advantage of all of their new features!
In addition to daily development life, we have a lot of freedom to develop ourselves and grow our knowledge. We’re free to tackle challenges in the best way we see fit, and to invest time in learning new mobile APIs and emerging technologies.
1. Meet & Greet - If your profile looks good, then we want to meet you! Let’s have an informal chat to get to know each other better. This chat is as much an opportunity for us to get to know you, as it is for you to understand more about the role and the plans for the business.
2. Technical Task - If this role still sounds exciting to you, we invite you to complete our bespoke technical task. This will give you a chance to showcase your skills on a simple app.
3. Meet the Dev Team - Once you’ve been shortlisted, we will invite you for a technical interview that will be with 2 senior members of the mobile team. This is an opportunity to meet the people you’ll be working with and ask any technical questions you may have.
4. Final Interview - If all goes well at the technical interview, we invite you to meet our CTO, Aaron Robinson. Aaron loves to be challenged, so please come prepared with lots of interesting questions!
What we offer you in return
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice - Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."